Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone started playing the 3DS Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's so great that Pokémon can be transferred to the new games, I would love to play red, blue or yellow but I'm not sure which one. Has anyone started playing any of them and what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkstudent63)
    It's so great that Pokémon can be transferred to the new games, I would love to play red, blue or yellow but I'm not sure which one. Has anyone started playing any of them and what do you think?
    Pokemon Red & Blue are identical except for a small handful of pokemon exclusive to each game, so between those two choose whichever has the pokemon you prefer :yep: Yellow has more significant changes, most notably getting a Pikachu that follows you around and cannot evolve as your starter (you get the normal starters as gifts throughout the game), such as a few differences to gym leaders, your rival's team.

Yellow is most people's favourite, but I prefer Red and Blue for the sake of nostalgia, and because it's marginally more challenging when you don't have access to all three starters as they're very powerful in the early stages of the game :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I havent played those 1s but i want 2 sooo bad

ReputationRep:
    I actually got Pokémon Yellow. Spent approximately 30 hours levelling them up.

Pikachu; Level 50
    Charmander; Level 45
    Bulbasaur; Level 45
    Squirtle; Level 45

So far anyway
    How you all getting on?

ReputationRep:
    can you battle/trade online using friendcodes?

ReputationRep:
    Ordered my 3DS, now to decide which version to buy :jive:

(Original post by Oilfreak1)
    can you battle/trade online using friendcodes?
    From what I can tell it can only connect to other games locally rather than over wifi, perhaps Jiraya Sama could confirm?

(Original post by Jiraya Sama)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got pokemon alpha or omega and wants to lose a battle against me.....PM ME!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Red/Yellow and the see-through purple GBC were a big part of my childhood, so the Yellow 2ds broke my resistance. Haven't started yellow yet, been distracted by other things.

Now for nostalgia to meet reality...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.