Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Brock Lesnar vs John Cena Feud Watch

ReputationRep:
    Cena got squashed at SummerSlam, taking Lesnar up a notch (if that was possible after Mania 30). Then, at Night of Champions, Cena got back in it, and was about to pin Lesnar clean before the interference. At the Rumble, Rollins was pinned not Cena.

What I'm trying to say is that WWE effectively ended the feud at 1-1 (although Cena won by DQ, it was basically a clean win), and Lesnar's been painted as a beast ever since, with SummerSlam the only match that's ever talked about. Was this a ploy to leave the door open for SuperCena vs the Beast again in the future?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AtheistsAreThick)
    Cena got squashed at SummerSlam, taking Lesnar up a notch (if that was possible after Mania 30). Then, at Night of Champions, Cena got back in it, and was about to pin Lesnar clean before the interference. At the Rumble, Rollins was pinned not Cena.

What I'm trying to say is that WWE effectively ended the feud at 1-1 (although Cena won by DQ, it was basically a clean win), and Lesnar's been painted as a beast ever since, with SummerSlam the only match that's ever talked about. Was this a ploy to leave the door open for SuperCena vs the Beast again in the future?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WWE always leaves things open. Cena is in the gym and set to return soon, apparently, but I doubt we'll see Lesnar vs Cena again any time soon. There's fresh rivalries which the company can orchestrate now, with the rise of Owens, Reigns, Ambrose etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    WWE always leaves things open. Cena is in the gym and set to return soon, apparently, but I doubt we'll see Lesnar vs Cena again any time soon. There's fresh rivalries which the company can orchestrate now, with the rise of Owens, Reigns, Ambrose etc.
    The problem is that nobody else is believable in a feud vs Lesnar due to the way the rosters booked. Even Ambrose is a little bit of a stretch, which is why a street fight stipulation had to be added to have any believability about it. It's a big money match, the franchise star vs the Beast, I think we'll see it again, if not this year then 2017. I missed the feud in 2014 mind, so I probably want to see it more than most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AtheistsAreThick)
    The problem is that nobody else is believable in a feud vs Lesnar due to the way the rosters booked. Even Ambrose is a little bit of a stretch, which is why a street fight stipulation had to be added to have any believability about it. It's a big money match, the franchise star vs the Beast, I think we'll see it again, if not this year then 2017. I missed the feud in 2014 mind, so I probably want to see it more than most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the company will aim to get Cena in a feud with Undertaker, personally. As for Lesnar? Bray Wyatt - if booked correctly - would be a decent opponent with his Family.

ReputationRep:
    It's either gonna be Cena or Reigns.

Taker, Brock, Cena and Reigns all exist to fight each other as main events everyone else is just booked to just be squashed/ buried by them.

One of the reasons I just don't like Brock, everytime I hear that he's gonna be on raw, I just know he's just gonna come in, throw people about then Da dadadada dada then credits.

Goodness how let down I was when Brock invaded a ring with Kevin Owens in it and I was so pumped for Kevin Vs Lesnar then it was just one german suplex and Kevin rolls out. Couldn't believe it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.