Turn on thread page Beta

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS WHICH APPLY TO YOU

How have you prepared for the worst?

Night before results day...do you try to go to sleep or do you find something else to occupy your mind?

Most of you havent got a good nights sleep because you have been worrying about your results.....
    your college has said they will be handing out results from 11 AM
    Do you go at 11AM on the dot or a bit later on?

Once you have your results wat do you do? Shout ur head off? Cry? Seek Advice?

You have gained results better then expected.....do you take up your universities offer or do you apply else where? take a gap year?

You havent gained the results you needed...do you get on the phone immediately? or do you calm down and try to think about your options before make rushed decisions to universities?

Once you have your results good or bad wat do u do?
    Go straight home tell mum and dad...or do you go out with mates and celebrate?

How would you approach mum and dad when you tell them your results?

What really matters to you? Getting the grades you want or getting into the uni you want ?

Do you care about what others say/think ?

One last thing...Most of you probably WONT be coming to these forums ever again once you have got your results well a week after your results....and then you will probably stop ?
    Agreed?

I think so....wel il try and keep in touch....but i think it will be a good idea to make a section on Universities....so we can discuss/help each other with advice on how to react to various situations and experiences.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll probably still be around here for a while after I get my results (till I go to uni at least anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Me too - I've only been here a couple of days so hopefully i will last longer than a week altogether.

ReputationRep:
    same, I'll probably remain here for a while too. I really hope that there is a section for university students too.
    D, if you're listening................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cool Dude)
    One last thing...Most of you probably WONT be coming to these forums ever again once you have got your results well a week after your results....and then you will probably stop ?
    Agreed?

I think so....wel il try and keep in touch....but i think it will be a good idea to make a section on Universities....so we can discuss/help each other with advice on how to react to various situations and experiences.
    I bet you all will be coming back . Perhaps advice will be requested on what you need for university, how to cope with freshers week, how to cope with the change at university etc...
    They can all be very daunting things. I actually find that more daunting than I do the results. Though I suppose different things affect different people in different ways.

(Original post by Koloth)
    I bet you all will be coming back . Perhaps advice will be requested on what you need for university, how to cope with freshers week, how to cope with the change at university etc...
    They can all be very daunting things. I actually find that more daunting than I do the results. Though I suppose different things affect different people in different ways.

How would you know? Your in the same boat as everyone else waiting for thursday...

[QUOTE=The Cool Dude]
    How have you prepared for the worst?QUOTE]

No

If I do well, then great I'll be going to university

If I fail, I'll eat the results slip and slit both my wrists - there and then.

ReputationRep:
    How would you know? Your in the same boat as everyone else waiting for thursday...
    Ofcourse I don't know. My post did say "I bet..." and "...perhaps...".
    I thought it could be a possibility since I and many people I know feel a little daunted about the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    Did you know there are a number of suicide cases relating to exam results? Its so sad really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Did you know there are a number of suicide cases relating to exam results? Its so sad really...
    Yeah . Quite a few do it after starting university too.

ReputationRep:

How have you prepared for the worst?

Night before results day...do you try to go to sleep or do you find something else to occupy your mind?

Most of you havent got a good nights sleep because you have been worrying about your results.....
    your college has said they will be handing out results from 11 AM
    Do you go at 11AM on the dot or a bit later on?

Once you have your results wat do you do? Shout ur head off? Cry? Seek Advice?

You have gained results better then expected.....do you take up your universities offer or do you apply else where? take a gap year?

You havent gained the results you needed...do you get on the phone immediately? or do you calm down and try to think about your options before make rushed decisions to universities?

Once you have your results good or bad wat do u do?
    Go straight home tell mum and dad...or do you go out with mates and celebrate?

How would you approach mum and dad when you tell them your results?

What really matters to you? Getting the grades you want or getting into the uni you want ?

Do you care about what others say/think ?

Agreed?

i tried answering- but my computer died,

love katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Once you have your results good or bad wat do u do? Go straight home tell mum and dad...or do you go out with mates and celebrate?
    I think I'm gonna go straight home, don't like the idea of being left behind while everyone else goes off to celebrate.

(Original post by Nylex)
    I think I'm gonna go straight home, don't like the idea of being left behind while everyone else goes off to celebrate.
    Nylex ur a londoner like me...what college did you go to mate ?

ReputationRep:
    Nylex ur a londoner like me...what college did you go to mate ?
    Woodhouse, in Finchley . What about you?

(Original post by Nylex)
    Woodhouse, in Finchley . What about you?

mmmmmmmmmmmm
    Woodhouse?
    wow
    V.good college
    mate how can you say that you will be left alone?
    That college gets a high % of A and B Grades.
    Im not gona disclose my college coz atm its kinda embarrasing!
    It dont achieve good grades..........160 on Avg per student...but i hope to achieve higher den dat and if i do il disclose which college i went to :P

What subjects you doing?
    What you get in ur As ?

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted to Woodhouse, but i did well enough to stay on at my sixth form. Do you live local to finchley then?

ReputationRep:
    I always get left out when people are going out or doing stuff.

I did A Level French, Maths and Physics and AS Further Maths (started Further Maths this year). For AS, I got: French A, Maths B, Physics A. What subjects did you do and what grades do you need?

(Original post by Nylex)
    I always get left out when people are going out or doing stuff.

I did A Level French, Maths and Physics and AS Further Maths (started Further Maths this year). For AS, I got: French A, Maths B, Physics A. What subjects did you do and what grades do you need?
    Good Subjects and Good Results.
    Dont know why your doubting yourself. i done Biology Chemistry and Computing. i need BBB.

if you get get left out then those people aint your m8z. get to know other people......you will find someone like you im sure. And if there your mate den u wont get left out.
    Besides the way i see things is dat if you have education mate...everyone will respect you...and the respect starts at university and your work life....in college most people are immature in my opinion and learn from mistakes and become mature....so dont feel downhearted by things like that....feel positive and be positive

ReputationRep:
    I need BBB also. What uni do you want to go to and what are you gonna study?

Hmm, I suppose you're right .

(Original post by Nylex)
    I need BBB also. What uni do you want to go to and what are you gonna study?

Hmm, I suppose you're right .

Im holding an offer at Kings College London
    Biomedical Science

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.