Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, anyone applied to Sheffield Uni for there Masters?.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I know ppl at the uni. I've also lived in Sheffield. Which subject are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Des_Lumières)
    No, but I know ppl at the uni. I've also lived in Sheffield. Which subject are you applying for?
    History. Wonder how long others waited, before getting an offer?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le290)
    I think you could expect to wait until late March (it depended for difference people) but after then if you haven't heard maybe ring them and ask for update. I'm sure it won't be long till you hear!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the MA in Philosophy. I applied around the beginning of February. I still have not heard back!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the MA in Cognitive Studies and got an offer after two weeks. Littleluna don't worry if they have not yet written you back, they did the same with me. It doesn't mean that they are not interested.

ReputationRep:
    Yes MSc Economics offer holder

ReputationRep:
    I woke up this morning to an offer sitting in my inbox! How lovely.
    From what I've heard, Sheffield is one of the most progressive programs for women in philosophy. I have offers from Edinburgh and St Andrews as well, so this will be a tough decision. Cue the anxiety......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleluna)
    I woke up this morning to an offer sitting in my inbox! How lovely.
    From what I've heard, Sheffield is one of the most progressive programs for women in philosophy. I have offers from Edinburgh and St Andrews as well, so this will be a tough decision. Cue the anxiety......
    Can I ask you which field of philosophy did you choose? I also am a bit torn among Sheffield, KCL, Southampton, Sussex, Birmingham and Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le290)

Hi Le290,

I have also applied to study a History masters degree at Sheffield University for this coming 2016-17 year. I received an offer to study the MA Modern History course last week, although I applied about 3-4 weeks ago. It's good to hear someone else has applied for a similar course. Which History MA have you applied for (eg. Early Modern, Modern, Historical Research etc.)? I hope you hear back soon

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.