Turn on thread page Beta

Spainish Phrases watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    im going 2 spain with sum mates nxt week & i was hoping some of u lot could give me sum useful phrases

ne1 know nethin useful?

ReputationRep:
    Quisiera una/dos/tres/cuatro/cinco cervezas, por favor - I would like 1/2/3/4/5 beers please

That should be enough!

ReputationRep:
    cuanto cuesta? = how much does it cost?

gracias = thank you

lo siento = sorry

ayudame! = help me!

eres guapo/a (o ending for a boy, a ending for a girl) = you are good looking

ReputationRep:
    "soy guapa supermodel"

It made all the foreign people think I was adorable!

ReputationRep:
    swear words in case u need them:

Me cago en Dios = i **** on god
    Me cago en tu Madre = i **** on your mum

sorry! my spanish teacher told us them and she is really spanish

ReputationRep:
    hijo de puta - son of a ***** (I think it might mean son of a whore literally!)

David Beckham got booked/sent off a while back for saying this to a linesman - his spanish is obviously improving!!

ReputationRep:
    ¿Por qué ponerselo jode a su madre? which means "why dont u f*** your mother?"

quiero realmente tener el sexo con usted. which means "i really want to have sex with you"

tendré cualquier ella' teniendo. which means "i'll have whatever shes having"

is there any more that u want?

Mod Expression - Language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    quiero realmente tener el sexo con usted. which means "i really want to have sex with you"
    I like the way you're using usted rather than tú!! It makes it so much more polite

ReputationRep:
    Esta chica es como el pico de la mesa (this girl is like the edge of the table) but actually means that she's very fin
    Esta chica es como un tren (this girl is like a train): same meaning

Other interesting phrases:

Qué tetas!
    Marica!
    Qué fuerte!
    Como mola!
    Los ingleses son todos jilipoyas
    Estoy hasta los cojones.
    Esta chica chupa muy bien
    Qué follador soy.

Quien ha cortado el queso? (my own invention)

And here's a real beauty:
    if anyone gets what "una cubana" (other than a cuban woman) means, they win a prize.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    A cigar?
    Good guess...close but no cigar!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, it means masturbation
    A slightly more graphic description can be found here http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlan...sh.1.html#so71 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    A slightly more graphic description can be found here http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlan...sh.1.html#so71 :eek:
    that page could come in useful next year (i'm going to spend all summer next year in spain)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I read a passage wrongly on another site, my Spanish is very rusty. Hacerse una chaqueta is masturbation, apparently.
    Hacer una paja tambien

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    that page could come in useful next year (i'm going to spend all summer next year in spain)

lou xxx
    Yeah, they don't teach these phrases at spanish a-level!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    Yeah, they don't teach these phrases at spanish a-level!!
    lol, i don't actually speak any spanish at all (i've never even been to mainland spain)... but my parents have just bought a house out there, and i'm pretty sure my mum isn't learning this stuff at the classes she's going to.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    lol, i don't actually speak any spanish at all (i've never even been to mainland spain)... but my parents have just bought a house out there, and i'm pretty sure my mum isn't learning this stuff at the classes she's going to.

lou xxx
    You'll pick up the important stuff pretty quickly (beer etc) and there'll probably be plenty of spaniards who speak english anyway. I'm doing spanish a-level and have only ever been to spain once! I should hope she's not learning about cubanas in her classes - that would be one dirty spanish teacher

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.