Gu13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I am doing Edexcel Economics (at A2) and I have some questions regarding Unit 4.
- What caused the Chinese slowdown and what will be the effects? (I need 3/4 effects and evaluation points) I think the effects include lower commodity prices, fall in FDI to African countries, fall in GDP in countries who trade with China.
- Brexit- for and against arguments. For the 'against argument', I think immigration and trade could be used. I don't know what else to write though.
- Effects of exchange rate volatility
- Effects of the fall in Primary Product Prices e.g. Oil
- Effects of a fall in protectionism over the last 20-30 years e.g WTO, TTIP, TPP
- Effects of Global Financial Crisis
keynes24
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gu13)
Hi, I am doing Edexcel Economics (at A2) and I have some questions regarding Unit 4.
- What caused the Chinese slowdown and what will be the effects? (I need 3/4 effects and evaluation points) I think the effects include lower commodity prices, fall in FDI to African countries, fall in GDP in countries who trade with China.
- Brexit- for and against arguments. For the 'against argument', I think immigration and trade could be used. I don't know what else to write though.
- Effects of exchange rate volatility
- Effects of the fall in Primary Product Prices e.g. Oil
- Effects of a fall in protectionism over the last 20-30 years e.g WTO, TTIP, TPP
- Effects of Global Financial Crisis
You can get all of the answers by researching them online. Exit of the EU was a 2015 question so I really doubt it will be tested again. Migration could be used as a case for (less pressure on public services) and against (labour force). Is the fall in economic growth in China a question from a past paper? You need to look for reasons for a fall in AD or AS. Lower consumption , lower exports.....
mapotts53
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reasons for the Chinese slowdown::
Fall in demand for Chinese manufactured exports due to global slowdown
Fall in house prices leading to lack of growth in consumption and negative wealth effect
Debt - both private and public. Repayment of debts is restraining consumption.
China's rapid growth was fueled by the transition from a rural economy to a manufacturing and services based economy. It is harder to sustain such rapid growth through growth in manufacturing and services.
Evaluation points could include:
China is still growing and faster than many other economies (Use data)
This may be a short term problem and growth may pick up again as the global economy recovers
May also be deeper structural problems that will limit growth in the long term, eg indebtedness
Hope this helps
Dr Mark Potts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
6.84%
They might tell the bully (16)
13.68%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.24%
It might lead to more bullying (41)
35.04%
There's nothing they could do (33)
28.21%

Watched Threads