Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Just received my offer for Diagnostic Radiography 2016 in RGU. Does anyone have any recommendations for 1st year accommodation?
    They recommend Woolmanhill I think but I've heard of others living in Crathie Student Village?
    I wouldn't be going home at the weekends or anything so would it be worth spending a bit more for a nicer room?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I would be interested in hearing about woolman hill too. I am also worried about the cost of travel from there to Garthdee. Can anyone give advice on this?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much all are in town centre minus one. Bus is like half hr, but too far to walk and return bus is like 3.80 I think, but you can get like an annual pass. Don't think the halls next to campus have much space, although they are pretty cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got my offer there Over the moon omg
    Has anyone considered Rosemount Hall? It looks the best value for money... from the pictures anyway

ReputationRep:
    I just accepted an offer for Diagnostic Radiography as well and have been looking through all the accommodation. I think Rosemount hall and St Peters seem the best for value for money and the rooms like really nice too but it's hard to find much information on them

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking Rosemount Hall too! Do you know when accommodation applications open?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the end of April just hoping now I'll get somewhere nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleighH1)
    I think it's the end of April just hoping now I'll get somewhere nice!
    I'm not fussy as long as I have my own toilet! Rosemount will definitely be my 1st choice

ReputationRep:
    I accepted my offer for diagnostic radiography as well!I think applications for accommodation open on the 12th of May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerriew)
    I'm not fussy as long as I have my own toilet! Rosemount will definitely be my 1st choice
    I think it will be my first choice aswell. St Peters looks similar so it'll probably be second. I like the fact they have double beds 😂 Have you accepted your offer?

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be my first choice aswell. St Peters looks similar so it'll probably be second. I like the fact they have double beds 😂 Have you accepted your offer?
    Yeah I've accepted RGU as my firm choice, I'm so excited I cant wait Were you at interview? Double beds would be nice haha Do you think its very far away from the city/campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidh_sinclair)
    I accepted my offer for diagnostic radiography as well!I think applications for accommodation open on the 12th of May
    Join the club and congrats! Where are you thinking for accommodation? 12th of May is so far away

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've accepted RGU as my firm choice, I'm so excited I cant wait Were you at interview? Double beds would be nice haha Do you think its very far away from the city/campus?
    Yeah I was at interview the start of March I'm so excited too it'll be weird moving so far away from home though! I think it's really close to the city but about 30 minutes from campus on the bus so not that bad!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was at interview the start of March I'm so excited too it'll be weird moving so far away from home though! I think it's really close to the city but about 30 minutes from campus on the bus so not that bad!
    I was at interview 28th February yeah I'm moving really far away from home as well will be a big change As long as there's buses I think I'll be okay

ReputationRep:
    I was at interview 28th February yeah I'm moving really far away from home as well will be a big change As long as there's buses I think I'll be okay
    Yeah I'm the same I'm moving over from Ireland so it'll be a big change! The website says there's a bus nearby that goes straight to the campus so it looks alright!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm the same I'm moving over from Ireland so it'll be a big change! The website says there's a bus nearby that goes straight to the campus so it looks alright!
    I'm Irish too hahaha from Donegal wbu?

ReputationRep:
    I'm Irish too hahaha from Donegal wbu?
    That's mad! What are the chances ha I'm from Kildare.

ReputationRep:
    I really like ardmuir trinity court, St. Peter's and rosemount as well😁 So exciting!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidh_sinclair)
    I really like ardmuir trinity court, St. Peter's and rosemount as well😁 So exciting!!
    They all look really nice! Can't wait to start now ha

ReputationRep:
    They obviously like Irish applicants! Going over to, from cork! Have you considered woolmanhill at all? I was told by students at my interview it's the best place for meeting people and the craic but I haven't actually seen the rooms so would be my only worry!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.