Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckaH2)
    Hey how did it go? Which one did you start with?
    What have you done so far ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jophilip123)
    Anyone done the iron tablets one?
    We have it this week, have you done it yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherinelora)
    Hi can you help me with the biology isa plss? i am currenty iin a sticky situation as i have flopped my first one so i am hanging on my last thread. Im sacred and terrified about floopping again.pls pls pls will u help me cozill be soo graetful
    Stop trying to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I don't think we do that in OCR then, never come across that.
    It's not in OCR, but they can ask it as a 'synoptic' question with reactions of Benzene. In which case it's identical to the halogenation of Benzene- electrophilic substitution- except a haloalkane is used instead of a halogen. The halogen falls off creating an electrophile in the form of an alkyl group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoharrypotter)
    was wondering how to 'learn' mechanisms? i always get confused is it best to actually understand whats going on as i've never really understood the theory behind that lmao or can u just memorise the diagrams and what to write (if writing is necessary)
    There are some general rules you can kind of learn to help. I know in OCR they can give u some random not on the syllabus molecules and expect you to take a guess. I'd say some basic rules are:

1- Bonds attract positive charges. e.g. An alkene will attract an electrophile.
    2- Benzene rings require a really positive electrtrophile and can't induce dipoles.
    3- Regions of low electron density attract nucleophiles- slightly positive carbons for example.

Apart from that it's pretty much about memorising them.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with NMR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3001N)
    Can someone help me with NMR
    What do you need help on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimJam456)
    What do you need help on?
    all of proton nmr, it confuses the heck outta me

also the Hydrogen fuel cell

ReputationRep:
    Hows everyone's revision going??? Really liking unit 4 tbh but need practice with NMR. More work needs to be done for unit 5 so going to focus on that alot.

ReputationRep:
    Practice practice practice.

Pick an organic molecule, google the spectra, assign peaks.

(Original post by K3001N)
    all of proton nmr, it confuses the heck outta me

also the Hydrogen fuel cell
    (Original post by ftsoft)
    Hows everyone's revision going??? Really liking unit 4 tbh but need practice with NMR. More work needs to be done for unit 5 so going to focus on that alot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.