Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry or Further Maths surely.

EDIT: But then again I haven't experienced the wrath of many other A-Levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe.lwt)
    I'm ok at maths and I'm doing further maths as an IGCSE but I don't think I could handle it at a-level
    Maths should be pretty easy to you. You can use the extra time for further maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    AFM? I did them in further?:confused:
    ODEs are in Edexcel FP2 aren't they? Pick something else then: torque calculations, SHM, hyperbolics,...
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    Have you ever seen a complex ion tho
    Yeah. I did A-level chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    ODEs are in Edexcel FP2 aren't they? Pick something else then: torque calculations, SHM, hyperbolics,...
    Ah well I did AQA so probably why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Yeah biology was my second hardest.

Why not AFM? I'm sure people who find maths difficult will struggle more to solve 2nd order ODEs and diagonalise matrices than add some complex numbers.
    (Original post by Zacken)
    What about additional further maths?
    M4 and m5 are tough but s3 and s4 are relatively easy. AFM is made up of units people did not take in their maths or further maths so it can be tougher depending on the units taken.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not going to say A-Level Further Maths because the only difficult modules in maths are M4, M5, AEA/STEP. The rest are a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    i'm not going to say A-Level Further Maths because the only difficult modules in maths are M4, M5, AEA/STEP. The rest are a joke.
    These aren't A-Level modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebrahmabull)
    M4 and m5 are tough but s3 and s4 are relatively easy. AFM is made up of units people did not take in their maths or further maths so it can be tougher depending on the units taken.
    That's precisely our point.

ReputationRep:
    FP3

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, further maths followed by chemistry (I find them more difficult than physics and biology anyway).
    But it depends on whether you like the subject. There's a lot to learn in biology, but I find it pretty interesting, so it's easier than chemistry for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    These aren't A-Level modules.
    i should have said 'sixth form exams' instead

ReputationRep:
    Physics/FM/Chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebrahmabull)
    Yes, but people are usually going to study their hardest modules last and conceptually you tend to group them by A-level, even before caching so you consider your AFM modules to be your last/hardest ones, particularly if your board doesn't offer AFM. Also, I found M4 and 5 relatively easy but still haven't got around to studying S3 and S4 because I find statistics so much harder than mechanics.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, and then A2 Additional FM because you finally have to suck it up and do the modules you've been avoiding for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Don't Care)
    History, mainly because one of my teachers is incompetent. For her module she has taught us stuff that isn't on the spec at the expense of stuff that is, has done no past paper work and gives us notes (no joke) that were made in the 80s and have past paper questions from the 1970s - 80s. It's no surprise I spend a lot of time having to buy books, read them and type my own notes.
    Has the history changed much since the 70s?

ReputationRep:
    Latin/Further Additional Maths

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking between biology and physics for a-level, I tend to get higher marks in biology but i get really high marks in maths, so if i take a level physics will it be more like maths? or should i just take biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medapplicant2016)
    True - OCR Salters B is my nemesis though
    ocr salters is the worst! have to agree with you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    FP3
    which exam board?

ReputationRep:
    which exam board?
    Edexcel

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.