Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Does it make you feel better to be nasty to people online?
    Define "better".
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Username002)
    Define "better".
    Explain your motivations for behaving like a knob towards other humans?

Is it for personal satisfaction or does it tear you up inside but you do it anyway because you feel obliged to spread unhappiness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I don't think the RonnieRJ comment was nasty. More a case of being sarcastically on point.

ReputationRep:
    I find religious studies so difficult therefore from the classes I am taking this year, religious studies is the toughest however I struggled with chemistry since I started high school so I'm assuming I'd fail that a-level if I studied it. 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by PQ)
    How am I being nasty lol I'm telling her the truth of the A level she's planning to take

If anything I'm making her feel better by telling her it ain't gonna be hard

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as 'hard' and 'easy' A Levels - it all comes down to you and what you're good at, and whether or not you'll actually enjoy studying it for the next two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    How am I being nasty lol I'm telling her the truth of the A level she's planning to take

Just a general question, when did they start letting people get A levels in hobbies and pastimes?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by fishyfishy1999)
    Just a general question, when did they start letting people get A levels in hobbies and pastimes?
    You mean like music?
    Or English Literature?
    Or puzzles maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I'd probably do well at English lit and I have asperger's. I was fine at GCSE. I can only guess how I'd perform at A level. Analytical skills can be taught and you can always cheat from the likes of yorknotes.

I can't imagine Art being easy to cram which is usually what I look at when I consider whether a subject is easy or not.
    Hehe, that's funny what you say about Yorknotes, but true I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Yeah, the second com you quoted is kind of mean but you gotta admit it's funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username002)
    x

Photography isn't the hardest A level, but it's not an easy one, there's more to it than just taking pictures, you learn all the terminology and techniques, how to develop traditional film photos, how to use a dark room, what chemicals to use, a hell of a lot of artist research, a good amount of the course is learning how to use photoshop to a professional standard, it's quite in depth and can land you a creative job in a lot of industries (advertising, journalism, event photography etc.)

People need to stop assuming things...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Oh well, perhaps doing photography instead of maths was a good choice for that user. :lol:
    Be nice

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Biology is ridiculously hard and Photography has so so so much work. However my friend takes both and she loves it. As long as you're willing to put the effort in and find an interest in both of them you should be fine

To be honest I think all a-levels are hard, it just depends on your combination of subjects that overall decides whether you find them hard or not. I take English Literature, English Language, History and Theatre Studies, which is quite a good combination.

I think the best would be a science, maths, an art of some sort, and english or a language.

History and science tend to have HUGE amounts of content to learn. English Literature involves LOADS of wider reading which is hard if you don't know where to look and loads of essays set. English Language I think is probably the easiest out of my subjects, but you do need to learn a lot of terms.

It's all such a big step up from GCSE i don't think there is just one a-level that is hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe.lwt)
    I'm ok at maths and I'm doing further maths as an IGCSE but I don't think I could handle it at a-level
    Further maths in A level is easier than core in my opinion and more fun

LMAOOOOO trust
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)
    Photography isn't the hardest A level, but it's not an easy one, there's more to it than just taking pictures, you learn all the terminology and techniques, how to develop traditional film photos, how to use a dark room, what chemicals to use, a hell of a lot of artist research, a good amount of the course is learning how to use photoshop to a professional standard, it's quite in depth and can land you a creative job in a lot of industries (advertising, journalism, event photography etc.)

Lol... I'm not gonna bother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You mean like music?
    Or English Literature?
    Or puzzles maths?
    No, I mean like Photography. Which you very well knew. English literature and Music in an academic sense are not hobbies, photography A level looking at the specification is a joke of a qualification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicoley-oley)

I seriously doubt you use Photoshop to professional standard. I've looked at some A level photography material in the past hour, it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the UK education system that this is considered A level.

ReputationRep:
    Maths

ReputationRep:
    I wish you would.

ReputationRep:
    LMAOOOOO trust

Oh I insist, please do.

Of course the difficulty of an A level is subjective, but there is often an element of difficulty to every course. I know first hand that photography is NOT as cut and dry as people seem to think, in my personal opinion, it's almost as hard going as an Art A level, which is very often listed as one of the tougher A levels out there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.