Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just applied for student finance. My mum recently passed away and i dont know who my father is. I'm worried because I'm afraid I've chosen the wrong box which is 'Both parents have died' when it asked where my parents are as i felt it was the most appropriate but I am not sure about my father. I live with my grandfather now who helps support me. Have I ticked the wrong box? Is it too late now? Please help!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You may be better off phoning student finance and explaining the situation.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    You could argue that your dad's dead to you, but my condolences for your mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haywee)
    I have just applied for student finance. My mum recently passed away and i dont know who my father is. I'm worried because I'm afraid I've chosen the wrong box which is 'Both parents have died' when it asked where my parents are as i felt it was the most appropriate but I am not sure about my father. I live with my grandfather now who helps support me. Have I ticked the wrong box? Is it too late now? Please help!
    I'm sorry to hear about your Mother. I've moved this thread to Ask Student Finance England, you should get a reply form someone from SFE here. It might be an idea as Tiger Rag suggested and to give the finance people a call, they should be able to help you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You may be better off phoning student finance and explaining the situation.
    Thank you! I think i shall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    I'm sorry to hear about your Mother. I've moved this thread to Ask Student Finance England, you should get a reply form someone from SFE here. It might be an idea as Tiger Rag suggested and to give the finance people a call, they should be able to help you out.
    Yeah, I think ill give them a ring tomorrow! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    You could argue that your dad's dead to you, but my condolences for your mum
    Thank you, haha.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Haywee)
    Thank you, haha.
    No problem
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Haywee

I'm sorry to hear about your mum.
    If you have not already called us, we may ask for you to send some evidence to confirm your circumstances. We will usually write to you to let you know or you can call us for advice: 0300 100 0607

Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.