The Student Room Group

Maths help

I need a grade A this year in edexcel maths. I'm doing 6 exams this summer. D1 and s1 as my optional modules. At the moment I'm only 30% ready. But I'm willing to put the work in. Any tips on how to start and the most effective. And also will I get an A as long as I have 480 UMS or do you have to average a certain percentage in all units.
Reply 1
Original post by Krazy7
I need a grade A this year in edexcel maths. I'm doing 6 exams this summer. D1 and s1 as my optional modules. At the moment I'm only 30% ready. But I'm willing to put the work in. Any tips on how to start and the most effective. And also will I get an A as long as I have 480 UMS or do you have to average a certain percentage in all units.

what does 30% ready mean?
Original post by TeeEm
what does 30% ready mean?

Ready from below the knees. Nothing above
Reply 3
Original post by Krazy7

Getting 480/600 and averaging a certain percentage across all units is the same thing :P It's an average of 80%. To prepare, I find examsolutions helpful, as he's not only split up the questions by topic (so you can practise what you find hardest), but he also has worked video solutions of everything.
Reply 4
Original post by Student403
Ready from below the knees. Nothing above

Maybe he means that he scores on average 30%
Original post by TeeEm
Maybe he means that he scores on average 30%

Perhaps :dontknow:
Reply 6
For example if I get 100 UMS on c1,c2, s1,d1 do I only need to get 80 UMS from c3 and c4?

Quick Reply

Latest