Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I walking out of the train station when I started to feel very anxious and when I'm in that state I find it very hard to concentrate/listen. I had a Right to Travel permit because the first station is small and has no office. I showed the permit to the ticket officer at my destination and he told me to buy a proper ticket at the desk. However, when I'm in a heightened anxious state / experiencing a panic attack, as above I find it difficult to think/listen and everything becomes disoriented. I walked straight out of the station without buying a ticket and the two men working at the station shouting at me to come back as I left. I know it sounds awful and I do feel bad about it but I just wondered if anyone had any advice on how to resolve the issue because now I can't get off my mind. My destination is my main station that I use up to four times a week at most and the thought of going back there after I've done this fills me with dread. It's definitely something I wouldn't do again, I just hope that anyone that replies understands that I wouldn't have done if I didn't feel like I was about explode out of my chest with crippling anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    You should go to them and the ticket person, explain what happened and say you'll pay for the ticket now to show you weren't ducking the fare. It's best to do that because otherwise you might risk them chasing you for it and it becomes a long winded thing. If this wasn't your regular station I might not suggest you be so proactive about it but these ticket people can be pretty hardcore with slapping fines and things so it's worth going out of your way rather than having them spot you and issue something. Hopefully they'll appreciate your problem and willingness to pay for it now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.