The Student Room Group

C3 Differentiation

Hey Guys,

Could some one plz tell me how to start differentiating this 6sin^2(3x) should I use the chain rule or the product rule ? or even both ?!!

Thanx
Original post by yoomi
Hey Guys,

Could some one plz tell me how to start differentiating this 6sin^2(3x) should I use the chain rule or the product rule ? or even both ?!!

Thanx

Try them and find out.
Reply 2
Original post by yoomi
Hey Guys,

Thanx

It definitely the chain rule
(the product rule though you can use in principle it is not sensible)
Reply 3
Original post by zetamcfc
Try them and find out.

I tried and I still getting different answer !
Original post by yoomi
I tried and I still getting different answer !

working pl0x
Reply 5
Put it in the form 6(sin(3x))^2 and then power comes down, subtract one from the power, multiply by the derivative of the thing in brackets (ie. sin(3x)) which is cos(3x) and multiply by the derivative of 3x, ie. 3, so you get 36sin(3x)cos(3x) and since we know that sin2A=2sinAcosA then we can simplify it to 18sin(6x)
Reply 6
Original post by PLM98
Put it in the form 6(sin(3x))^2 and then power comes down, subtract one from the power, multiply by the derivative of the thing in brackets (ie. sin(3x)) which is cos(3x) and multiply by the derivative of 3x, ie. 3, so you get 36sin(3x)cos(3x) and since we know that sin2A=2sinAcosA then we can simplify it to 18sin(6x)

FINALLY !! Thank you so much ^^
Reply 7
Original post by yoomi
FINALLY !! Thank you so much ^^

Welcome bro :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest