Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

Really need a second opinion on this because I'm getting so confused what to do?
    Basically I've been working with the Beanstalk Charity since November 2015 till now as a reading helper in primary schools. I love my role as I help young children with their literacy and reading skills, self- esteem and confidence issues. Sometimes they talk to me about their personal family issues. So, I'd have to notify the relevant staff members, which I enjoy because it's giving me skills to interact with people of different levels and I'm gaining confidence as I go along.

I was trained up last year and they put me into a school immediately. I'm really really enjoying helping the pupils on a one-to-one basis as I can see them improving with their reading and confidence already. My aim is to work towards a learning mentor/support assistant role. Not sure if that is exactly the role I want to do yet. OR maybe a social worker- undecided. At the moment I'm with an education agency working in early years/ primary. Anyway....

The problem is I am considering working full-time and that means I would have to leave the charity and the work that I have built up with the pupils. The charity's contract states that would require to stay for at least a year. Unless circumstances change so I could notify them, giving a term's notice. But what should I do???

I don't want to work full- time but I'm going to have to as I'm not getting enough income. So I would need to take a decision. What do you guys think I should do?

Has anyone ever left their volunteer work within 3 months?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.