Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy guys,
    Basically the story is I messed up real bad with the prep+learning time with my spanish speaking :shot:and I haven't learnt it yet. Sooo I need to pull an all nighter probably (I went to sleep late yesterday too hence I'm super knackered already) and if anyone has any quick memorization and how to stay awake tips please do share!
    (maybe how not to procrastinate on tsr tips too)

ReputationRep:
    Flashcards?
    Re staying awake- don't drink any hot drinks! They make you sleepy (bar coffee).
    Pro-plus are good but the caffeine gives me a headache- worth a shot though; generally red bull or virtually any energy drink will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)
    Heyy guys,
    Basically the story is I messed up real bad with the prep+learning time with my spanish speaking :shot:and I haven't learnt it yet. Sooo I need to pull an all nighter probably (I went to sleep late yesterday too hence I'm super knackered already) and if anyone has any quick memorization and how to stay awake tips please do share!
    (maybe how not to procrastinate on tsr tips too)
    How not to procrastinate on tsr is really complicated, there's like 10 steps, you sure you're ready?

OK..

step 1 : log off
    step 2 : ohh well would you look at that

As for all nighters I guess some coffee/redbull, good tunes, mood and resilience, some gum perhaps and maybe get a disco ball to strobe about to keep your eyes open

Personally I prefer all morningers! Never heard of em? You go to sleep RIGHT NOW early ASAP and wake ultra early with multiple alarms for back up. I feel more refreshed personally and willing to work, I know I'll just get distracted in the late evenings

ReputationRep:
    I find highlighting is great for memorisation. I do French, so when I do that I literally spend a few minutes learning a paragraph and getting to grips with it (saying it over and over) then going onto the next. But once I've learned the second, I'll practise both together...and so on until the end. It could be an idea to colour code your paragraphs or highlight certain words/phrases you find more difficult to remember. If it's writing, then I'll practise writing it out a couple of times and clearly pick out errors in another colour after.

As for staying up, Idk I just do it. Some people prefer having something containing caffeine to help though.

There's a great thread by Anon_98 which is for revision. If you find that and do some of the sessions that could help. I think it really does help to motivate you to get work done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    How not to procrastinate on tsr is really complicated, there's like 10 steps, you sure you're ready?

OK..

step 1 : log off
    step 2 : ohh well would you look at that

As for all nighters I guess some coffee/redbull, good tunes, mood and resilience, some gum perhaps and maybe get a disco ball to strobe about to keep your eyes open

Personally I prefer all morningers! Never heard of em? You go to sleep RIGHT NOW early ASAP and wake ultra early with multiple alarms for back up. I feel more refreshed personally and willing to work, I know I'll just get distracted in the late evenings

Lool thank you! Shall get a disco ball rn! And add a few cheeky little dance moves too :chaplin:
    Oh God, trust me I've tried morningers. Waking me up is a pain itself. Once i sleep I realllly sleep.
    Tell me about distractions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)
    Lool thank you!
    Oh God, trust me I've tried morningers. Waking me up is a pain itself. Once i sleep I realllly sleep.
    Tell me about distractions
    Ah I see Well in the kindest possible way

LOG OFF NOW AND START STUDYING

~~OFFICIAL STUDYING TIME FOR SODONEWITHSCHOOL HAS STARTED~~

Please don't reply or continue this thread you have to start xD Best way to succeed in these things is to start early y'know, you can do it, I believe in you, its too late for me save yourself

I've been a little to addicted to TSR tonight so go study!!!!

ReputationRep:
    for memorisation: literally just learn it sentence by sentence: read it, cover it, say it, adding more sentences as you go along.
    for staying up: break your revision up so like maybe every half an hour/45 mins (depending on your preference) get up and maybe do some quick exercises or something, also if you change your work space every hour or so it stimulates you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.