Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing my GCSEs (Year 11) and I am so lost as to which sixth form school to attend. I'm still waiting to hear from Cardiff Sixth Form College, already got an offer from Bromsgrove school for IB and got put onto the waiting list for Sevenoaks. Kind of have a feeling that there's no chance for Sevenoaks so now I'm mostly struggling with the choice between A levels or IB for my last two years. I know someone who goes to CSFC and has good comments about the school. Just went to visit Bromsgrove school and learnt a little about it, looked around and seems like a really nice environment but I'm still indecisive. Always been one to be blinded by rankings on league tables but I know deep down that the school doesn't have anything to do with my results, it would just be my hard work that matters in the end. Thank you for taking your time to read this and it would mean a lot if i got some feedback/ advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chancethief)
    I'm currently doing my GCSEs (Year 11) and I am so lost as to which sixth form school to attend. I'm still waiting to hear from Cardiff Sixth Form College, already got an offer from Bromsgrove school for IB and got put onto the waiting list for Sevenoaks. Kind of have a feeling that there's no chance for Sevenoaks so now I'm mostly struggling with the choice between A levels or IB for my last two years. I know someone who goes to CSFC and has good comments about the school. Just went to visit Bromsgrove school and learnt a little about it, looked around and seems like a really nice environment but I'm still indecisive. Always been one to be blinded by rankings on league tables but I know deep down that the school doesn't have anything to do with my results, it would just be my hard work that matters in the end. Thank you for taking your time to read this and it would mean a lot if i got some feedback/ advice!
    I don't know much about either school (because I've never heard of Bromsgrove) but CSFC has a really great reputation - I'm presuming you'll be boarding?
    And what are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    I don't know much about either school (because I've never heard of Bromsgrove) but CSFC has a really great reputation - I'm presuming you'll be boarding?
    And what are your predicted grades?
    yes boarding, and my predicted grades are A/A* in English as second language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths and B in Further Maths..(6 subjects as i'm on a one-year intensive course) i'm really hoping to get all A*s anyways thank you so much for taking your time to read my post!

ReputationRep:
    yes boarding, and my predicted grades are A/A* in English as second language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths and B in Further Maths..(6 subjects as i'm on a one-year intensive course) i'm really hoping to get all A*s anyways thank you so much for taking your time to read my post!
    Going to a college with an Oxbridge link would probably be useful...I'm going to one myself this September. Good luck with finding a college .

ReputationRep:
    I thought their entry requirements are 7/8 A*s....

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.