Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing a business management degree and would love to go into supply chain or buying (I know slightly different areas). However I don't know whether to do a placement year in buying as it's so difficult to try and get a summer inter or finish my degree and then do a masters in fashion culture and work as a inter at the same time. People whom either work in this industry or know the industry, it would be great to know your opinion about whats the best way in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RRHarris24)
    I am currently doing a business management degree and would love to go into supply chain or buying (I know slightly different areas). However I don't know whether to do a placement year in buying as it's so difficult to try and get a summer inter or finish my degree and then do a masters in fashion culture and work as a inter at the same time. People whom either work in this industry or know the industry, it would be great to know your opinion about whats the best way in.
    Have you spoken to your uni about this? It would be good to either speak to one of your lecturers or get advice from someone in the careers team.

A placement year sounds like a good option and worth pursuing, it's a really good way of networking and getting great experience at the same time.

Is it fashion you're interested in specifically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RRHarris24)
    Do the placement year it will give you a heads up over other people and will look good when you apply for a intern at masters level, i regret not doing the placement year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.