Turn on thread page Beta

would you think they are rich? Say if they have one in their loft, and they have all the necessary equipment? (one of each for cardio & then dumbbells)

bump

Bump

ReputationRep:
    They are probably either rich or living alone.

But equally, they might not be.

ReputationRep:
    There's a mini gym in my house and I'm not exactly rich, if someone else had one I'd assume they weren't keen on exercising publicly haha

ReputationRep:
    Having dumbbells and an exercise machine doesn't necessarily mean you're rich, it may just be that you prioritize having such items rather than other things.

ReputationRep:
    My mate's dad had one in their garage and they were poor af; they were just really into bodybuilding.

ReputationRep:
    It means they, essentially in most cases, like to keep fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

I mean something like this... Attachment 508959

Wrong thread. Sorry.

bump

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't think they were rich, no.

I would think they are serious about their fitness or they just don't want to go to the gym.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    bump
    Why anon?

Why so many bumps? Its not that deep.

No I wouldn't say that having a gym makes someone rich, obviously you need the space and money for equipment but its more to do with someone wanting to keep fit.

ReputationRep:
    my nan had a lot of stuff and they weren't rich by any standard

ReputationRep:
    would you think they are rich? Say if they have one in their loft, and they have all the necessary equipment? (one of each for cardio & then dumbbells)
    If you mean a home gym like Brandon Campbell then yeah sure.
    It would be an issue asking someone to spot you or have people mire your aesthetics :laugh:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I had my own bench and associated equipment if that counts.

My family were dirt poor though so I bought it all myself with money I made selling trading cards

ReputationRep:
    It's like asking if someone has a car would you consider them rich?

No, unless it was a seriously expensive one.

ReputationRep:
    Well all you need to get a really good workout at home are a range of dumbbells, a barbell, some free weights, a squat rack & bench, and if you want cardio then whatever machine floats your boat.

All in, you could easily do it for a grand, so it's not exactly a huge financial outlay especially given that you can purchase the equipment over a long period of time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.