Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Today in my General Studies exam, two of the individulators sat talking, not whispering but talking quitely.

It really put me off and i'm sure that i would have done better if they hadn't been talking. I'm so frustrated and i wasn't the only one to notice it.

The exam was in a small class room with just 12 students and i all the students i spoke to noticed it-is there anything i can do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawrence)
    Today in my General Studies exam, two of the individulators sat talking, not whispering but talking quitely.

It really put me off and i'm sure that i would have done better if they hadn't been talking. I'm so frustrated and i wasn't the only one to notice it.

The exam was in a small class room with just 12 students and i all the students i spoke to noticed it-is there anything i can do?
    you shoulda told them that they were being annoying, but now its over, you can always complain

ReputationRep:
    The thing is they knew they was being too loud because me and my friend kept staring at them and they looked back as if to say 'whats your problem'

ReputationRep:
    You can always try complaining to your school exams office.

ReputationRep:

Your fault, you should have asked them to be quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    You can always try complaining to your school exams office.
    Surely he should have just asked them to quiten down? Not much is it, for an 18 year old to ask for a simple request.

ReputationRep:
    i'm a girl and im not 18...

why are you so rude?

ReputationRep:
    i'm a girl and im not 18...

why are you so rude?
    Sorry but I don't feel I was being rude - I just don't understand why you didn't ask them to quiten down and then decided to complain after the exam.

ReputationRep:
    It can feel a bit awkward piping up in the middle of exam to complain about students, you disturb the entire class and it also puts you on edge for the rest of the exam. However you should have informed them straight after the exam. And why didnt the supervisor notice? Since thats what they get paid for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urdegish)
    It can feel a bit awkward piping up in the middle of exam to complain about students, you disturb the entire class and it also puts you on edge for the rest of the exam. However you should have informed them straight after the exam. And why didnt the supervisor notice? Since thats what they get paid for.
    i'm not the most confident people on this planet so doing that would have been like my worst nightmere. Also i thought i was the only one so didn't wanna feel like i wat nit picking.

After the exam we went to find my tutor but he had gone. The invidulators were still in the exam sice one girl got extra time.

There was two of them to supervise us. I don't think there needed to be another supervisor for them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urdegish)
    I don't think that would have happened. All that Lawrence needed to do was raise her hand, and ask quietly when the guy came over if they could quieten down. If the guy didn't do so, then I agree, she should definitely complain after the exam.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can do much about it now - sorry! As everyone keeps saying the most effective thing you could've done was to let the invidulators know at the time. How annoying though? Stupid selfish people.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah very anoying.

When they was talking to looked at them and when they both looked at me they stopped so they knew i was anoyed but carried on 5 minutes later!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah very anoying.

When they was talking to looked at them and when they both looked at me they stopped so they knew i was anoyed but carried on 5 minutes later!
    Invidulators always seem really inconsiderate and are on some kind of power-trip. I remember during my exams they always wore really heavy shoes and marched very deliberately up and down the gym - their steps were so loud! And they always hover just behind you trying to read what you're writing on your exam paper. Really annoying. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    And they always hover just behind you trying to read what you're writing on your exam paper. Really annoying. :mad:
    That is the most anoying!!!

ReputationRep:
    That is the most anoying!!!
    just ASK them to stop it then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    just ASK them to stop it then.

WTF??

It's happened to me about 3 times in GCSE's!!

Jeez chill out will ya!

ReputationRep:
    In my friend's exam, one of the invigilators phoned up another teacher to discuss an error a student had made. Not even trying to be quiet, just talked away loudly before they shared a joke at the end of the call. How considerate....bet they would be pissed if someone had done that in their exams.

ReputationRep:
    WTF??

It's happened to me about 3 times in GCSE's!!

Jeez chill out will ya!

i'm sure whispering in a general studies exam isn't as life threatening as a brain tuma or total failure

ReputationRep:
    Ha oh my god how rude!!

My friend was saying in his exam one invidulator let a pupil use a movile phone for a calculator because he had forgotton his! How dumb is that!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.