Turn on thread page Beta

Lil bit of advice please?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawrence)
    WTF??

It's happened to me about 3 times in GCSE's!!

Jeez chill out will ya!
    lol. i'm perfectly chilled out (thank you). you just post a thread asking a question where the answer is obvious, so i am tempted to use capitals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i'm sure whispering in a general studies exam isn't as life threatening as a brain tuma or total failure

Eh?

At the end of the day it's still my exam. Just because it's one of the 'easier' exams don't make it less important for me.

Does it matter what exam it is anyways? Whether i was in Law or English i wouldn't want any invidulators talking and stopping my concentration!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    lol. i'm perfectly chilled out (thank you). you just post a thread asking a question where the answer is obvious, so i am tempted to use capitals

Go on do it i dare ya? lol

ReputationRep:
    Eh?

At the end of the day it's still my exam. Just because it's one of the 'easier' exams don't make it less important for me.

Does it matter what exam it is anyways? Whether i was in Law or English i wouldn't want any invidulators talking and stopping my concentration!
    so why didn't you ask them to stop? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i've already explained.

The point in posting this is because i wanted to know if there was any point in complaining. My mum said there was and so did my boyfriend but you lot on here seem more clued up so i thought you would know. No need to bite my head off!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe this, you complain after the exam, and 2 of us tell you "Why didn't you ask them to be quiet during the exam", and then you proceed to call me rude for telling you what you should have done?

Unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    Leave Lawrence alone, it would take a lot guts to ask the people to be quiete. Its all very well telling people what to after the event on an internet forum. Its much harder in practise. I would have not been to able to tell them to be quiet.

ReputationRep:
    i've already explained.

The point in posting this is because i wanted to know if there was any point in complaining. My mum said there was and so did my boyfriend but you lot on here seem more clued up so i thought you would know. No need to bite my head off!
    lol, sorry - complain if you want - maybe they won't be allowed to do the job anymore, but in reality it won't change anything about your exam.
    hope this helps
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Leave Lawrence alone, it would take a lot guts to ask the people to be quiete. Its all very well telling people what to after the event on an internet forum. Its much harder in practise. I would have not been to able to tell them to be quiet.
    wtf! sorry AT if there are people talking in an exam i complain straight away. in fact i did on monday. some retard lower sixth was outside on her phone so i asked for someone to go and 'remove' her. i do the same if it was someone in the exam hall. guts has nothing to do with it. if you're in an exam and someone's stopping you from concentrating then you complain straight away. simple as!

ReputationRep:
    you could still go and complain to your exams officer at school/college, but they are unlikely to take it seriously because you didn't complain in the exams. one of the roles of invidulators is to listen to any problems students have about interruptions and you are meant to tell them if anythign happens that may effect your performance... i know it's harsh and you're shy but that is the board rules. go complain anyway, what's the worst they're going to do? and it should make teachers more aware of keeping their voices down

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I know it won't changed my exam but i just want my college to know how anoying they was.

My boyfriend said that i should tell the exam board but i doubt it'll go that far.

Anyways it's over now so thanks for your help! Remind me not to come here for a bit of advice again!

ReputationRep:
    wtf! sorry AT if there are people talking in an exam i complain straight away. in fact i did on monday. some retard lower sixth was outside on her phone so i asked for someone to go and 'remove' her. i do the same if it was someone in the exam hall. guts has nothing to do with it. if you're in an exam and someone's stopping you from concentrating then you complain straight away. simple as!

Well that shows you how different we are! You have your opinion and i have mine!

ReputationRep:
    Well that shows you how different we are! You have your opinion and i have mine!
    and who would have been able to get on with their exam in peace? sorry if i sound like a *****, but i used to be really shy and 'wouldn't say boo to a goose' , but seriously, you really are at a disadvantage if you're THAT shy. Next time (if there is a next time) try and pluck up the courage to ask them to be quiet

ReputationRep:
    and who would have been able to get on with their exam in peace? sorry if i sound like a *****, but i used to be really shy and 'wouldn't say boo to a goose' , but seriously, you really are at a disadvantage if you're THAT shy. Next time (if there is a next time) try and pluck up the courage to ask them to be quiet
    Yes you do sound like a *****. Just because something is easy for you don't make it easy for everyone else.

And there won't be a next time

ReputationRep:
    Or just walk into school with an Armalite machine gun the next day and blow them away....oh no wait that America...yeh you're probably best to say something in the situation, no ones gonna think anything less of you and its the teachers who are gonna look stupid

ReputationRep:
    Yes you do sound like a *****. Just because something is easy for you don't make it easy for everyone else.

lol fine - good luck on results day

ReputationRep:

are you going to get your boyfriend onto us ? lol

ReputationRep:
    Er...no what makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    You should have said something there and then, in the GCSEs two modulators were talking behind me at the back of the room, i just turned round and told them to shutup (please) and then they just went to the front and carried on nattering just away from me.

Also this year a rather large modulator was walking around constantly and making the hall floor creak and move, i was tempted to tell her to keep still but didn't dare.

Nothing is likely to happen i don't think, was only gen studies too.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.