Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ever wonder how strong a African lion is: Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Greys will chase and kick lions to death though. They are definiteley the badassest (pun intended) of horses
    An this is why the lion is more battle savy, combat experienced, an has more fight gameness than any polar or brown bear, brown bears in the L vs B thread were kicked to death over 20 times by horses, mules and donkeys...yet where are the hundreds of accounts of brown bears killing horses? Havent even seen one video, not a single one...this is because bears are not gamed hunters or fighters, they can neither catch one, nor take the kicks from one.

Yet in all of history we dont see the matching of how frequent lions killing zebra, an yet the first time a lion has ever brought into sights with a horse, a lion does what no bear ever could...the lion just speed blitzes the horse:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DI3hIaPGdk

Bears are not as explosive, fast, agile an athletic as lions, not even close. Lions can jump 2-3 times their length:

And 2-3x their height:

An spring almost 50 feet, land...and be unharmed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEFTGb_ZR0

Theres practically no where a bear could hide:

Bears would then have to hide in caves, lions would need to hide from nothing, or no other predator, even if the ancient cave bears and short faced bears were around, african lions would still out compete them, strength in unity always beats size, two lions can kill a adult elephant, no bear has ever been that big in history of earth. A lion can somersault right over the bear an land on a vital area for a killing bite or blow, the bear is limited in what he can do.

C'mon, theres over a thousand records of lions killing buffalo, zebra, eland ect with 100's of times they have done it alone...yet not a single video or genuine abstracts of a brownie killing a bull bison, bull moose, or male horse? lol Thats because bears are not as combative as you all want them to be, they are just salvagers of vegatation, an if calf comes along, its only easy picking an will offer up no struggle compared to what lions routinely kill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sword of Justice)
    An this is why the lion is more battle savy, combat experienced, an has more fight gameness than any polar or brown bear, brown bears in the L vs B thread were kicked to death over 20 times by horses, mules and donkeys...yet where are the hundreds of accounts of brown bears killing horses? Havent even seen one video, not a single one...this is because bears are not gamed hunters or fighters, they can neither catch one, nor take the kicks from one.

Yet in all of history we dont see the matching of how frequent lions killing zebra, an yet the first time a lion has ever brought into sights with a horse, a lion does what no bear ever could...the lion just speed blitzes the horse:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DI3hIaPGdk

Bears are not as explosive, fast, agile an athletic as lions, not even close. Lions can jump 2-3 times their length:

And 2-3x their height:

An spring almost 50 feet, land...and be unharmed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEFTGb_ZR0

Theres practically no where a bear could hide:

Bears would then have to hide in caves, lions would need to hide from nothing, or no other predator, even if the ancient cave bears and short faced bears were around, african lions would still out compete them, strength in unity always beats size, two lions can kill a adult elephant, no bear has ever been that big in history of earth. A lion can somersault right over the bear an land on a vital area for a killing bite or blow, the bear is limited in what he can do.

C'mon, theres over a thousand records of lions killing buffalo, zebra, eland ect with 100's of times they have done it alone...yet not a single video or genuine abstracts of a brownie killing a bull bison, bull moose, or male horse? lol Thats because bears are not as combative as you all want them to be, they are just salvagers of vegatation, an if calf comes along, its only easy picking an will offer up no struggle compared to what lions routinely kill.
    I feel as if you would really enjoy Mammal March Madness! Although probs not if the winner wasn't a lion. But there's no lionfish year so you could just sit back and enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Its not me just wanting them to win....they just win all on their own:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3918317

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Okay 10 cases vs the thousands of cases in history in Roman colloseums ect where the bear would still come out on top. So far I've seen 10 cases off you where the lion has come out on top yet seen heaps more stories where the bear has come out on top.
    Yup, still butt hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sword of Justice)
    Yup, still butt hurt.
    So I made a claim I didn't realise was false? So shoot me, I'm sorry. I thought I could trust the intelligent men of QI

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.