Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    So I picked Chemistry at Sixth Form (I got an A at GCSE) and I was just going with the flow. We had mocks in January, I revised for them but kind of neglected practising the Maths side of the subject because I just don't get on with it. Anyway I ended up getting a U, and that really knocked my confidence because I'd never been near a U grade before. I think I'm going to go for AS Chemistry and I really want to bump that grade up immensely. I know I can do way better than a U, and I was just wandering if anyone had any revision tips or similar experiences with Chemistry they could throw my way!
    Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    I think you've nailed it yourself.

I suspect you guessed that A-level would just be a natural extension of GCSE and you've found out the hard way that it is somewhat trickier and that you can't just ignore the bits you 'don't get on with' and hope they won't come up.

If you want to succeed, you're going to have to worry about the detail. Really learn the minutiae. It is the only way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    I think you've nailed it yourself.

I suspect you guessed that A-level would just be a natural extension of GCSE and you've found out the hard way that it is somewhat trickier and that you can't just ignore the bits you 'don't get on with' and hope they won't come up.

If you want to succeed, you're going to have to worry about the detail. Really learn the minutiae. It is the only way.
    I guess so, thanks for the advice. There is so much content I just don't know where to start when it comes to revising content or exam technique!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering since our upcoming chemistry exams are coming up if people wanted to be part of a chemistry whatsapp revision group. If you are interested either pm me or responded to this message

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.