Turn on thread page Beta

Where will our money go the furthest for a holiday watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to go on holiday with my friends (we are a group of guys all 21 or 22 years old). Not looking for the magaluf type holiday. We want somewhere very cheap but at the same time our money will go very far. Basically we want to be cheapskates but at the same time not being in a sh**h*le.

Looking for good weather, a pool/beach and a few fun things to do round the area. When I say fun things to do, we are looking for like 'hands on' stuff - we don't want to be LOOKING at museums or historical sites but instead DOING interactive stuff, eg sports etc.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by dylantombides)
    I'm looking to go on holiday with my friends (we are a group of guys all 21 or 22 years old). Not looking for the magaluf type holiday. We want somewhere very cheap but at the same time our money will go very far. Basically we want to be cheapskates but at the same time not being in a sh**h*le.

Looking for good weather, a pool/beach and a few fun things to do round the area. When I say fun things to do, we are looking for like 'hands on' stuff - we don't want to be LOOKING at museums or historical sites but instead DOING interactive stuff, eg sports etc.
    What type of budget are you looking at? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    What type of budget are you looking at? :holmes:
    £450ish or there abouts

ReputationRep:

East Asia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, parts of China its not overly expensive to get there, food, drink and accomodation is cheap (if you shop around) and your money will stretch out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    East Asia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, parts of China its not overly expensive to get there, food, drink and accomodation is cheap (if you shop around) and your money will stretch out.
    I think flights are more expensive than you think to get there! And done South East Asia anyway

ReputationRep:
    I think flights are more expensive than you think to get there! And done South East Asia anyway
    I fly Dublin to Bangkok with a stop over in Abu Dabai, costs me about €550 euro.

Considering the destination, that is not that expensive especially when you take into account the cost of staying in those places.

But if youve already done it, then fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Other suggestions??

ReputationRep:
    Considering Tenerife

ReputationRep:
    Split , Ajacacio ,

actually Benalamadna and also nearby Malaga isn't bad, nightlife isn't its selling point but it does have the right ingredients for a well-rounded holiday , you can take a bus to Nerja ( Carribbean LIKE Beaches ) or Marbella which is a bit more party and pricey.

ReputationRep:
    Greece? Thailand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine Eastern Europe would be the best compromise between cheap flights and cheap destination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LevelTV)
    Split , Ajacacio ,

actually Benalamadna and also nearby Malaga isn't bad, nightlife isn't its selling point but it does have the right ingredients for a well-rounded holiday , you can take a bus to Nerja ( Carribbean LIKE Beaches ) or Marbella which is a bit more party and pricey.
    I thought Split was expensive?

ReputationRep:
    Other suggestions??
    down to london

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.