Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,I need some advice as I want to buy a pair of hiking boots.First of all can women wear 'mens' hiking boots, what is the difference?The ones i want are 'Verbera Hiker II Goretex Boots' i am a size 8 1/2 to 9.Is there anything else that needs to be considered?
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 62
Size:  22.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Omgomgomgomg dying.

I went to Europe last year and everyone was wearing shoes like that mind you they were wearing it everywhere restaurants, club scene ect, is this a new trend in Europe? My friend and I looked at each other dumb founded, will this trend be hitting Canada and the states soon? Reply ASAP

ReputationRep:
    Women can definitely wear men's hiking boots but men's sizing is different so you'd probably be best asking in a shoe shop to get the comparison, also, make sure they're sturdy, it's best to have them be tight and a little uncomfortable than too loose if you're hiking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Women can definitely wear men's hiking boots but men's sizing is different so you'd probably be best asking in a shoe shop to get the comparison, also, make sure they're sturdy, it's best to have them be tight and a little uncomfortable than too loose if you're hiking
    For actual hiking or fashion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Hiking I assume? I don't know of many people wearing them for fashion but to each their own, I haven't worn hiking boots since I was about 12 for school trips but that's my advice for op anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    Hey guys,I need some advice as I want to buy a pair of hiking boots.First of all can women wear 'mens' hiking boots, what is the difference?The ones i want are 'Verbera Hiker II Goretex Boots' i am a size 8 1/2 to 9.Is there anything else that needs to be considered?
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 62
Size:  22.1 KB
    Men's boots are usually a little broader in the toe box.

Also suggest you try them on with thick hiking socks. The ones that help prevent blisters.

ReputationRep:
    Omgomgomgomg dying.

I went to Europe last year and everyone was wearing shoes like that mind you they were wearing it everywhere restaurants, club scene ect, is this a new trend in Europe? My friend and I looked at each other dumb founded, will this trend be hitting Canada and the states soon? Reply ASAP
    No clue what you are talking about as i live in Australia the only time i ever see people wearing them is when i go to Rubicon in Nayook and go bush walking.... *shrugs* sorry i couldnt be of more help...
    My hike guide, chris, was wearing them and i thought cause he does this often they must be good quality so i am considering gettin some just looking for some general advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Thanks Blondie987 you are ALWAYS a great help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    Thanks Blondie987 you are ALWAYS a great help
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    Hiking here are some pictures so you can get the gist of what they'll be usd for
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  295.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Men's boots are usually a little broader in the toe box.

Also suggest you try them on with thick hiking socks. The ones that help prevent blisters.
    Yeah thanks 👍🏻

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.