GCSE Biology Controlled Assessment HELP! Watch

LittleIrishGeek
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So we've started working on our first controlled assessment for biology. And we're doing the burning crisp experiment to find out the energy content of crisps. Here's our 'task':
Energy content of food;
"Eating an energy controlled diet is one way of reducing the risk of obesity. The energy content of a food can be measured by heating water with a burning food sample. Plan and carry out an investigation into the energy content of crisps"

As part of our experiment and plan, we have to write a hypothesis based on what we think the outcome will be. We have to include our prediction (crisp with most energy causes greatest temp. increase) and other relevant key terms, including energy, kilojoules, carbohydrate, fat, obesity, energy balance, energy equation and energy requirement

Can anyone who has either studied GCSE biology, is studying biology or someone who has a good idea on how to write a hypothesis, either tell me how to write it and structure it or write a hypothesis

Thanks!😁😊x
shellsbells04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LittleIrishGeek)
So we've started working on our first controlled assessment for biology. And we're doing the burning crisp experiment to find out the energy content of crisps. Here's our 'task':
Energy content of food;
"Eating an energy controlled diet is one way of reducing the risk of obesity. The energy content of a food can be measured by heating water with a burning food sample. Plan and carry out an investigation into the energy content of crisps"

As part of our experiment and plan, we have to write a hypothesis based on what we think the outcome will be. We have to include our prediction (crisp with most energy causes greatest temp. increase) and other relevant key terms, including energy, kilojoules, carbohydrate, fat, obesity, energy balance, energy equation and energy requirement

Can anyone who has either studied GCSE biology, is studying biology or someone who has a good idea on how to write a hypothesis, either tell me how to write it and structure it or write a hypothesis

Thanks!😁😊x
A hypothesis doesn't have to be long at all. Just write something like the crisp containing the highest kilojoules of energy will cause the highest temperature increase of the water. That is all you need in the hypothesis and then go on to give some facts on obesity and energy coming in different forms (carbohydrates and fats) just to set up your experiment plan. Try to make sure that you use of the key terms to show that you know and understand their relevance.
I haven't done GCSE biology in three years but your teacher should give you guidance as long as you've put in some effort to try and do it.
Good luck!
LittleIrishGeek
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by shellsbells04)
A hypothesis doesn't have to be long at all. Just write something like the crisp containing the highest kilojoules of energy will cause the highest temperature increase of the water. That is all you need in the hypothesis and then go on to give some facts on obesity and energy coming in different forms (carbohydrates and fats) just to set up your experiment plan. Try to make sure that you use of the key terms to show that you know and understand their relevance.
I haven't done GCSE biology in three years but your teacher should give you guidance as long as you've put in some effort to try and do it.
Good luck!
Thank you for your help!😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (67)
66.34%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
20.79%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed