Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not looking to get ripped before everyone's like that's not enough go lift some weights, I'm a girl (for context) and I just want to get a flat stomach, tone my bum and feel relatively healthy (I have a naturally curvy figure so loosing weight on my stomach and toning my bum is quite easy). I was wondering if 100 crunches, 50 squats and 4x 1 minute planks (obviously increasing all of this on a weekly basis as it becomes easier) would make a difference combined with lowering calorific intake, eating 'cleaner' (so reducing sugar intake and processed food) and doing 2 hours of high intensity cardio (proper sweating) a week would make a difference.

Anyone know any good combo's I can literally do in my room before school or before bed on a daily basis -Thanks X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "toning" isn't really a thing, it literally makes no sense.

If you want a flat stomach you'll need to lower your overall body fat percentage only way to do this is to be at a calorific deficit. Whether you reach this calorie deficit through diet or through exercise is up to you, though diet is notoriously more successful.

It's also worth noting you cannot spot reduce fat ever, it is physically impossible without liposuction. So if you're doing crunches because you think it will "target" your stomach you're wasting your time. Your body loses fat where it decides to, not where you want it to. Sure you could be building up more muscle with your crunches, but you won't see them unless you have a low body fat percentage which is what will give you the flat stomach appearance

As for your bum, do you mean you want to increase muscle mass to make it more shapely? To do that you will need to eat a high protein diet and do muscle building butt exercises such as squats.

For more detailed advice on how to go about your goals I recommend you look at the FAQ thread in the fitness section and for any further questions post in the fitness section not the health section, you'll get better responses.

Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.