Turn on thread page Beta

Neo Nazi Terrorists on Rampage in Germany watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Because the Holocaust has Jews as being victims, AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT.
    Its ironic that these holocaust deniers actually have a lot in common with Muslims in their anti-Semitic beliefs
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6898126.html

Number of people participating in extreme right wing demonstrations such as PEGIDA almost tripled from 2014 to 2015, from 20k to almost 60k

Only a short while until they start firing up gas chambers again... do they never learn from history?
    Quite a leap you made there.

The extreme right wing Alternativ fur Deutschland party (the one which called for refugees to be shot) is polling around 10%, its support has doubled I think over 2014-2015
    Not enough to win the election so you can sleep well. And neither the SPD or CDU/CSU would consider a coalition with them either. So I'll take your sensationalist title with a rock of salt.

I did nazi this. Scary times ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    UKIP really isn't extreme. Carswell himself is a libertarian. So extreme...

It's just the media always finding the bad eggs within the party.
    Libertarianism is extreme...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Libertarianism is extreme...
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    How patronising of you. How would you feel about being flooded with 1 million savages?
    What kind of ****ing idiot accuses someone of being patronising and then refers to refugees as "savages"?

ReputationRep:
    No mention of Neo Nazis, terrorism, or rampaging in the article, which in turn erroneously refers to PEGIDA as ‘far right’. Poor effort all round

Only a short while until they start firing up gas chambers again... do they never learn from history?
    (Original post by al_94)
    Damn these guys are bringing back the spirit of Hitler
    So you got from peaceful protest of concerned citizens to re-opening gas chambers closed down 70+ years ago how exactly? This is not just intellectually dishonest and socially irresponsible but also deeply offensive to Germans who had nothing to do with the horrors of the Third Reich

(Original post by Inexorably)
    I don't think ''right wing'' and ''neo nazis'' are interchangeable terms
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Inevitable consequence of the flood of migrants; .. any criticism of migrants .. dismissed as bigoted .. people will start to gravitate towards extreme parties
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Many of the protestors are neither Neo Nazis or even right wing .. A left wing communist could be opposed
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    No evidence of rampaging
    (Original post by arsenaldjf123)
    No one is saying that sexual assaults are limited to migrants
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Substitute scientific racism for religious beliefs and that's IS in a nutshell
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Quite a leap you made there
    Well said :top2:

Not really
    "One chart that shows the far right is getting more popular in Germany"
    (Original post by Howard)
    You can't .. expect to swamp a country .. without seeing an increase in the popularity of these sorts of groups
    (Original post by Judas69)
    i'm not surprised hatred in Europe is growing for Muslims
    Islamophobia is (not unsurprisingly, sadly) markedly on the rise across Europe, and the UK is really no exception

I'm glad USA is an ocean away - Americans were exiled from Europe for a reason
    Aye, being a tad puritanical/rebellious :mmm:

UKIP is extreme, but it does a better job of hiding it
    UKIP are a mixed bag

(Original post by JordanL_)
    "But the Muslims really are bad and they really do cause all our problems, it's different this time!"
    (Original post by whorace)
    the so called clash of cultures and ideologies only exists in the minds of the far right
    It’s not as simple as good or bad amigo, and to deny that The Clash of Civilisations poses major problems ignores the social reality

I don't get why people think this is not racist. Syrians are NOT SAVAGES.
    C.80% of migrants aren't from Syria, and many (particularly the salient ones, if certainly by no means all) are, I'm afraid, demonstrably fairly savage

refugees will not expect hand outs because anything is better than a war zone
    Refugees from active war zones appear to be in the minority among the present waves of migrants, unfortunately

(Original post by offhegoes)
    Yes, Europe has always been bullied by the rest of the world. Oh wait...
    Anglo-America in particular has a bloody awful track record but two wrongs don’t make a right and, at any rate, the people who stand to suffer the most in the present crisis are not settled Europeans but migrant peoples themselves

(Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    If I didn't know what Islam actually says, I would have actually become what you call right-wing extremist
    Contrarily, I’m not a right-wing extremist in spite of what I know of what Islam actually says and how seriously 75% of Muslims in Europe take the orthodox interpretation of Islamic doctrine

(Original post by EccentricDiamond)
    my sympathies lie solely with the German people. Not the Islamic migrants invading their country
    A false dichotomy; plenty of migrants (Muslim or otherwise) inside Europe are fleeing tyranny/seeking a better life, not attempting to "invade" :erm:

(Original post by chemting)
    "if reasonable people don't have reasonable conversations about these things, unreasonable people will have those conversations and start doing unreasonable things" paraphrasing Maajid Nawaz
    Absolutely right, and I have a lot of time for Nawaz, he’s an incisive guy, but unfortunately he, and his Quilliam foundation, seem to think that it is legitimate to attempt to “control the narrative”s

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear
    It plainly is, same as communism

ReputationRep:
    Oh my. The hysteria has begun. I'll let my fellow German below explain what the situation is really like.

Quoting mjones96, thread "How is Germany coping with the refugees?"

"First off, I live in Germany. I seem to be the only person actually residing in the country in question, so I'm hoping my assessment of the situation will be somewhat interesting to you all.
    Overall, it really depends on where you live in Germany. The most obvious (and terrifying) dichotomy is to be observed between the Eastern and Western German states. Particularly Saxony, especially as of last night, is dealing with some extremely violent right-extremist uprisings. Dresden has also been in the news due to neo-Nazi activity and the Pegida movement. Bavaria is another issue. Geographically an Eastern German state, they didn't belong to the DDR, so from what I have seen they aren't being as vocal about their displeasure at the influx of refugees, in a nationalistic sense, as Saxony for instance.
    Bavaria, however, shares a border with Austria and has therefore, voluntarily or involuntarily, taken in the highest number of asylum seekers. They have made it clear that Merkel has to change her policies and that the border must be regulated, but I haven't seen them torching hotels which were being converted into refugee housing, or gathering into a mob to boo an entire bus of refugees, as Saxony did last weekend.
    I live in Rhineland Palatinate, right next to France, and from what I have seen, the ethnic and cultural demographic change is mostly noticeable in small communities. We already have a large Turkish population, so women wearing scarves, for instance, don't really raise any more attention than they generally would. As I mentioned, though, the shift in small towns and villages is more noticeable. German towns generally aren't very ethnically diverse and suddenly seeing a bunch of people who don't speak German and maybe act a little different is often met with suspicion. I'd also say that the people who are most frightened by these new circumstances are the elderly and the uneducated, small-town bumpkins. Pardon my lapse in objectivity there, but it's true.
    Further, and as always depending on the city, you do see quite a few election signs from the NPD (basically Nazis), etc. sporting extreme anti-Islamic slogans.
    To clarify, whenever Germany is nearing elections, the NPD makes an appearance, but due to the current crisis, the messages spouted off by them and other, similarly inclined parties, are particularly cutting.
    All in all, I'd say Germany is dealing fine, excluding some isolated instances. However, I firmly believe that incoming refugees and a portion of the already here resident ones must be taken in by other, less actively engaged countries. That doesn't only apply to the EU. "

Hope this will let OP rest easy. Yes...the number of dissatisfied Germans is rising, but 60,000 displaying nationalist tendencies out of a population of 8 million is at most a minor annoyance. Also, the government has just begun with a court process with the goal of abolishing the NPD.

ReputationRep:
    Pegida are not neo-Nazis, I wouldn't even consider them to be far-right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    It plainly is, same as communism
    Expand

I'll only agree with you if you describe communism and then describe liberalism

ReputationRep:
    As a Muslim theres nothing wrong with Islamophobia, people can oppose or disagree with Islam, only problem is when you start discriminating ordinary muslims who arent really doing anything.

To be fair Islam is a bit outdated, hope we get a New Hadith like the New Testament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    Adding an additional 2-3% to the population all at once is a huge change, particularly when they have such a different perspective. It was really an insane move.
    Which is why they should move them to the bigger, more multicultural cities in the north and the west, away from the south, and especially the east, which are more mono-cultural, which isn't all a bad thing, but they won't be able to handle the refugees.

ReputationRep:
    Much deserved.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.