Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can some explain to me the process of decay which occurs after death, I just can't get my head through it ?

(Original post by PlayerBB)
    Can some explain to me the process of decay which occurs after death, I just can't get my head through it ?
    Microorganisms feed on the tissue by secreting enzymes which break down tissue substances resulting in decay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Microorganisms feed on the tissue by secreting enzymes which break down tissue substances resulting in decay!
    and what are the roles of Maggots and Beetles ? I know they're some of the microorganisms involved in the decay process but how they are involved in this process ?

and what are the roles of Maggots and Beetles ? I know they're some of the microorganisms involved in the decay process but how they are involved in this process ?
    these are detritus feeders I believe, they basically feed on the tissue and use the energy from the tissue for themselves. this causes the decay of the body
    Also maggots and beetles are NOT microorganisms...

ReputationRep:
    these are detritus feeders I believe, they basically feed on the tissue and use the energy from the tissue for themselves. this causes the decay of the body
    Also maggots and beetles are NOT microorganisms...
    Oh sorry, yeah they're considered organisms and thank you

Oh sorry, yeah they're considered organisms and thank you
    No problem! Any questions don't hesitate to ask! by the way is this for GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    No problem! Any questions don't hesitate to ask! by the way is this for GCSE?
    No A2 biology and okay

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 29, 2016

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.