Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people allow to get bullied? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    A lot of tough talk for a student site lmao
    Nvm

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately we live in an emasculated society in which pacifists have pedalled the popular myth that "if you just ignore them they'll stop" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Nvm
    Why are you so obsessed with me? 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoXx)
    Well hell, people need to realise that life is not for the weak and get some god damn confidence. I've seen some situations where physically inferior guys completely owned wannabe bullies.

Two guys started teasing my friend who is like 1.70m and slim, he turned around looked at them in the eyes very directly, pounded the table with his fist and told them to get the hell out of his kitchen. The two guys which very 1.90 and guys who regularly go to gym started literally shaking from fear.
    (Original post by whorace)
    Lol lots of guys these days got a good body, they don't know what to do with the strength though, courage is an attitude.
    I swear me and @WoodyMKC had a conversation about this before on a similar topic. People who go to the gym and have "strength" doesn't necessarily mean they know how to fight. For example, someone whos 74kg (163lb) at 5'10 who lifts but also does martial arts (E.g Muay thai) is a lot more dangerous than someone 94kg at 6'2 (207lb) who just trains in the gym but doesn't do any martial arts.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so obsessed with me? 😂
    This vain ******** again? Why haven't you hung yourself yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoXx)
    So if some guy which I don't know well at all comes to my face and calls me some name dead serious, what do you expect me to do?
    The only thing you can do is knock the ****er out.

Its how you walk away in the scenarios life throws you at that counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username002)
    This vain ******** again? Why haven't you hung yourself yet?
    Jealously kills. Maybe you'd be the one to do what you want me to do.

ReputationRep:
    Jealously kills. Maybe you'd be the one to do what you want me to do.
    3 or 2? Choose.

ReputationRep:
    3 or 2? Choose.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    The best answer. Nice work, you're still a **** though.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to explain. Sometimes it starts and you don't know how to stop it, or you can't stop it, or both. You don't have the courage or the strength. The further it continues, the more you go into your she'll and don't tell anyone, and so the harder it becomes to do anything about it. It isn't just a case of letting happen, it's more than that.

ReputationRep:
    The best answer. Nice work, you're still a **** though.
    Are you trying to cyberbully me? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you trying to cyberbully me? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh, that could be fun! My turn.
    You offend me.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, that could be fun! My turn.
    You offend me.
    Have better things to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have better things to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahahaha, of course, the young attractive man is very busy doing young attractive men things, proceed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Better to just passively stroll through life while people take advantage of you. Some education you've achieved there, i'd rather not go to any school that encouraged such uselessness.
    If you are expelled from one school then you have to go to another school...

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha, of course, the young attractive man is very busy doing young attractive men things, proceed.
    Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well when I was in primary school I didn't just let people bully me...it still happenend tho. I tried everything and if I stood up for myself it gave them more of an exuse, if I ignored them they would continue and if I asked them why they did it they just made fun of me. I had no friends and the teachers were pretty much bullies too. It wasn't my fault- there was just nothing that could solve it. I was pretty much bullied throughout all of primary school But then theres this girl I know who hangs around the ppl who bully her fr some reason cuz she thinks that theyr friends but she knows they hate her- i dnno -its just confusing

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, best thing to do is to escalate the conflict there and then.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd try to find other means of resolving the problem.

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Unfortunately we live in an emasculated society in which pacifists have pedalled the popular myth that "if you just ignore them they'll stop" :rolleyes:
    It's not a case of allowing it - it's not just a case of ignoring them or hiding that vulnerability which "you" want to stop showing to avoid there harsh words or whatever. So if that vulnerability is seen by another/bully then they cont. Saying that though, if "you" react or "you" show them weakness one way or another it antagonises them to cont.

I was bullied verbally which hit hard with words and I wish I was strong enough to walk away and ignore. But didn't help was I had hardly any trusted friends to turn to for years! I do have moments of feeling spooked that I let them get away with it for so long.

But looking back I guess its knowing that they were probably going through something themselves and we're looking for an outlet which unfortunately they chose "you"and it wasn't personal although it felt it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.