Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So basically I used to live around the Lincolnshire part but moved away for several reasons. I would never move back to the small town I used to live in but I do think about moving to Lincoln full time.

I have a job which I can probably get a transfer to Lincoln since it's a job that's quite easy for stuff like that. I have had a lot of time off currently at my current place and I can tell people are different with me because of that. I go to work, I come back home and go to sleep. I'm not as social as I was before and if I am perfectly honest, I just feel down. I have had several mental health issues recently relating to depression and anxiety and I feel like being closer to my old town friends and family might be helpful. The thought ATM of being somewhere fresh and no one knows of my current issues would really be beneficial to me.

My closest friend that I had in Loughborough, I feel is pushing me away a bit and tbh it doesn't even feel like I have them anymore. My flat mate has recently told me today that she's going to move in with her boyfriend so I can either keep on the current flat and get another flat mate or find somewhere else to live. I almost find this as like a sign to go tbh. This closest friend of mine I just want to say to me if I am honest to stay and that they will miss me but it seems like they are encouraging me out the door. They have really hurt me recently emotionally and working with them, they are just awkward with me and when I cried in the staff room the other night? They ignored it like it didn't even matter...
    Once again, I feel like I need a fresh new start but I don't want to go and then regret it. I liked the fact the people I did meet in Loughborough had money because we all had jobs. I know in some aspects I need to be selfish and unfortunately it's a time in my life where no one is really gonna understand my emotions because it's an invisible illness that I am suffering from.

Anyone can help me make a decision? I'm feeling pretty indecisive if I am honest.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Although it may be cheaper to stay where you are i.e. not having to pay rent and such, it honestly depends on whether you want that extra amount of freedom and space to get on with your studies or whether you want to stay at home, no worries about cost travels and such.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.