Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone else has applied to any of the master's in math programs at Imperial. Both my first and second choice master's are within that department and it's already been 8 weeks since they started reviewing my application (according to the tracking website). They said their aim is to follow up with candidates within 6-8 weeks. Now that it's been 8+ weeks I am getting antsy. Anyone with a similar experience either this year or in the past?

ReputationRep:
    As long as you meet the minimum academic requirements and you're sure you've written a good enough PS you shouldn't worry. Maths at Imperial is naturally very competitive and you did send off your application quite late so it's only normal to expect a long waiting time as I'm sure they have many other applications to look through.

ReputationRep:
    For what it's worth, I've just been informed that I was unsuccessful in my first choice program. Wondering what the chances are for 2nd choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.