Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I want to transfer universities for personal reasons but don't want to leave the city where I live. The only other university in my area is of a higher standard... What can I do? The

Hey, first of all I am sorry that you feel that way about university, I understand completely. Speaking to a doctor and friends will help so much better and secondly, when transferring university try to make sure you have the sufficient grades to get in. Newcastle university is a very good university, and you should ring up the admissions office and explain your situation, however don't be disheartened if they don't offer you a place. Its all for a reason, and you should look at other universities too, different cities can offer you a different perspective of university, and I recommend you start going to open days and asking students from that university what it is like
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.