The Student Room Group

Brand name

Scroll to see replies

People on this thread don't seem to understand intellectual property loooooool
Reply 21
Original post by BarryBeTrippin

It's an engineering project (I presume) not a commerical development. But even if it was a commercial project the OP could look to utilise (by negotiating an IP license) a proprietary technology if they so wanted.
Original post by Pj1980
Thanks, hand warmers don't produce enough heat to make foods warm.

I didn't say use a handwarmer, I said here are some processes.

if a small catalytic heater running off (say) butane isn't enough you could use a larger one or several smaller ones

it's also IMO doubtful whether electric heating via a usb is adequate for food heating or ever could be because the power output of a usb socket is limited and personally any time I'm near a usb for any length of time I'm also near a mains socket anyway.
people who've bought usb food heaters don't seem at all pleased http://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Insulation-Lunch-Warmer-Heating/product-reviews/B00MN4V776
Raising Cain
Reply 25
Original post by BarryBeTrippin

It's my major project and it has nothing to do with intellectual properties.
Reply 26
Original post by Joinedup
I didn't say use a handwarmer, I said here are some processes.

if a small catalytic heater running off (say) butane isn't enough you could use a larger one or several smaller ones

it's also IMO doubtful whether electric heating via a usb is adequate for food heating or ever could be because the power output of a usb socket is limited and personally any time I'm near a usb for any length of time I'm also near a mains socket anyway.
people who've bought usb food heaters don't seem at all pleased http://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Insulation-Lunch-Warmer-Heating/product-reviews/B00MN4V776

No there're not happy because as you said power is limited. That's why I'm looking for other ways.
Reply 27
any other ideas?
Reply 28
Original post by Pj1980
No there're not happy because as you said power is limited. That's why I'm looking for other ways.

TBH, it's clearly non-trivial to develop a workable (practical, efficient and cost-effective) solution to this problem otherwise it would already have been done.

Go nuclear. Literally... :wink:
Reply 29
Original post by jneill
TBH, it's clearly non-trivial to develop a workable (practical, efficient and cost-effective) solution to this problem otherwise it would already have been done.

Go nuclear. Literally... :wink:

Hmmmm :-)
Reply 30
Now about the concept shape and design I need some ideas for the container.
It should be human interaction, any suggestions?
Reply 31
Original post by Pj1980
Now about the concept shape and design I need some ideas for the container.
It should be human interaction, any suggestions?

Dude, it's your project.

I think you've been given quite a lot of tips already, don't you?
Reply 32
Yeah I have some ideas myself but wanna hear what others expect from a lunch box to develope my concept.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending