Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gtfo student room then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Nope. It's harder. At least heterosexual women have an initial reason to invest in me more than most people - they might get romance/sex out of it.

And I don't have time for a lot of friends.

And I'm a hopeless romantic.

So I may as well just work on getting a girlfriend before other friends since really it is no harder.

I do chat with coursemates but they're boring and never want to anything I want to do or discuss anything I'm remotely interested in.
    Yes, also assuming they find you attractive and like your personality...heterosexual women don't just get to know guys with romance/sex in mind, for most that is not the initial reason unless you're a hottie...

You want friends yet dont have time for them?

It is harder...finding someone who finds you attractive and likes you as a person (girlfriend) is harder than finding someone who just likes your personality (friend)...also having a few friends will make you more attractive to girls, they'll be able to see how you interact with them...idk maybe that's just me personally :lol:

Joined any societies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Yes, also assuming they find you attractive and like your personality...heterosexual women don't just get to know guys with romance/sex in mind, for most that is not the initial reason unless you're a hottie...

You want friends yet dont have time for them?

It is harder...finding someone who finds you attractive and likes you as a person (girlfriend) is harder than finding someone who just likes your personality (friend)...also having a few friends will make you more attractive to girls, they'll be able to see how you interact with them...idk maybe that's just me personally :lol:

Joined any societies?
    Naaah, because I mean a good friend. To get a good friend you need intimacy in your relationship. That is rare unless the other person has a REASON to INVEST in you as a person. Being attracted to someone, or, there being potential romantic interests there is one motivation that drives people to bother being your friend even if I'm not explicitly making it clear that I want to date them or even that I'm single.

I want a friend or two. I can't really afford time for anymore than that.

ReputationRep:
    Naaah, because I mean a good friend. To get a good friend you need intimacy in your relationship. That is rare unless the other person has a REASON to INVEST in you as a person. Being attracted to someone, or, there being potential romantic interests there is one motivation that drives people to bother being your friend even if I'm not explicitly making it clear that I want to date them or even that I'm single.

I want a friend or two. I can't really afford time for anymore than that.
    What other reasons would a person have to invest in you?

ReputationRep:
    What other reasons would a person have to invest in you?
    Them for whatever reason being highly intrigued by you - that's rare, you have to come across as exceptional.

Them looking for friends themselves and perhaps thinking you have good social networks - I don't though, so really, they'de have to just be very desperate for friends.

Maybe they're after a particular sort of friendship they think you will offer?

Maybe they have an ulterior motive to initially invest in you that isn't sex/potential romance. Maybe they like the fact that you do a certain sport or are really good at a certain class. Or have rich parents.

Sure there are others but... doing stuff atm :P

ReputationRep:
    Them for whatever reason being highly intrigued by you - that's rare, you have to come across as exceptional.

Them looking for friends themselves and perhaps thinking you have good social networks - I don't though, so really, they'de have to just be very desperate for friends.

Maybe they're after a particular sort of friendship they think you will offer?

Maybe they have an ulterior motive to initially invest in you that isn't sex/potential romance. Maybe they like the fact that you do a certain sport or are really good at a certain class. Or have rich parents.

Sure there are others but... doing stuff atm :P
    Lol idk it seems to me you're approaching this whole friends thing very cynically...

ReputationRep:
    Good things come when you least expect it.

ReputationRep:
    be happy, I'm sure lots of girls want to be with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabella d'Anjou)
    This is very creepy tbh and you're also in your 30s
    You're not a reg e.g. won't appreciate the in joke so I'll let this slide. Ageism is unacceptable in all walks of life, mind, and TSR is no exception :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Lol idk it seems to me you're approaching this whole friends thing very cynically...
    Well I keep getting people's phone numbers. Doing something with them. Talking to them a few times then they never speak to me again.

and it's like hurr-durr, why am I wasting my time. Especially when I always have to initiate conversation. Always have to choose to do something. Need to find a loner like me but ironically they hide themselves away.

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    You're effectively new here so I'll let this slide. Ageism is unacceptable in all walks of life, and TSR is no exception :yy:
    You act like you're some kind of love professional, yet you can't sort out your relationship with queen-bee :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    guyz it is ok i have secured a 2nd date with an actual human girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Did you run the preliminary tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Did you run the preliminary tests?
    elaborato my potato?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You act like you're some kind of love professional, yet you can't sort out your relationship with queen-bee :rolleyes:
    1) I don't merely act like I'm a professional; I am, by definition, a professional

2) I've never been in a relationship with queen-bee

3) It is incumbent upon queen-bee to sort out our 'situation', if she desires said relationship with me

4) Posting Anon? Big man :rolleyes:

(Original post by RobML)
    Good job! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Good job! :borat:
    She is 24 and bellydances. Sounds familiar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    elaborato my potato?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how sure are you that were dealing with an actual human?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how sure are you that were dealing with an actual human?
    She had a regular breathing pattern the likes of which I've never seen in a sex doll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    She had a regular breathing pattern the likes of which I've never seen in a sex doll
    Intriguing...

http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/5162/04/16x9/960.jpg
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol: Well done sir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    She is 24 and bellydances. Sounds familiar?
    Haha. 50p says it isn't queen-bee :scrooge:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.