Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I've applied for university - beginning September 2016. I'm just at the minute applying for student finance after booking my accommodation. My accommodation is £116 a week and right now I've started to really worrying in terms of how exactly I am going to pay that. I've been informed that my rent will be taken out in 4 installments, totaling up at £5104 a year. I come from a low income family of around only £11000 a year so I will probably be entitled to the highest maintenance loan of £3,387 BUT I'm really concerned at how with only receiving this and my parents being unable to financially support me, how will I afford to 1. pay my rent and 2. afford food etc?!?

A breakdown of my rent coming out are as follows -
    £510.40 26 August 2016
    £1531.20 28 September 2016
    £2041.60 19 January 2017
    £1020.80 13 April 2017

How much on average do people receive a term from loans? Will I ever be able to afford all this?

PLEASE HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    With a maximum loan, paying that much should be fine.

You'll have around £3000 spare for the year, that should cover you for about £57 a week. Trust me, you'll be fine. A £30 weekly shop is all you need at most for a good diet and you'd then have about £27 to do with as you want. You really don't have to worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charelizabeth96)
    Hi. I've applied for university - beginning September 2016. I'm just at the minute applying for student finance after booking my accommodation. My accommodation is £116 a week and right now I've started to really worrying in terms of how exactly I am going to pay that. I've been informed that my rent will be taken out in 4 installments, totaling up at £5104 a year. I come from a low income family of around only £11000 a year so I will probably be entitled to the highest maintenance loan of £3,387 BUT I'm really concerned at how with only receiving this and my parents being unable to financially support me, how will I afford to 1. pay my rent and 2. afford food etc?!?

A breakdown of my rent coming out are as follows -
    £510.40 26 August 2016
    £1531.20 28 September 2016
    £2041.60 19 January 2017
    £1020.80 13 April 2017

How much on average do people receive a term from loans? Will I ever be able to afford all this?

PLEASE HELP!!
    The highest maintanence loan is £8200??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if a maintenance grant as well as maintenance loan is enough to sustain rent at university (I'm going to be a second year next year and I plan on moving out)

ReputationRep:
    I'm living in London by the way.
    (Original post by tealites)
    Does anyone know if a maintenance grant as well as maintenance loan is enough to sustain rent at university (I'm going to be a second year next year and I plan on moving out)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.