Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    on the financial information section it asks "Will you get any income that isn't from employment or self-employment during academic year 2016/17? "

I expect to get Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance while i am studying.

Do i answer yes or no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrymatcham)
    on the financial information section it asks "Will you get any income that isn't from employment or self-employment during academic year 2016/17? "

I expect to get Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance while i am studying.

Do i answer yes or no?
    ESA is taxable, so the answer is Yes and you declare that to Student Finance. Beware that if you're on income-assessed ESA, your Student Finance will count as income for that benefit and may affect your payments. Get advice from a benefits adviser. I think the idea is that you shouldn't be any better or worse off as a student (whether that works or not, I don't know), but you can get additional help with study-related issues posed by your health problems, by applying for Disabled Students Allowance on your Student Finance application. This will give you exra facilities, help, equipment etc for problems directly related to study, but it won't give you more money.

DLA isn't taxable, so that won't be taken into account by SF when calculating your SF entitlement.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, also when it asks how much income you will get for the academic year. is this from september 2016 to august 2017 or is it september 2016 to may or june 2017?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrymatcham)
    Thankyou, also when it asks how much income you will get for the academic year. is this from september 2016 to august 2017 or is it september 2016 to may or june 2017?
    I don't know the answer to that one. Hopefully someone will be along soon to advise, or you can contact SF direct.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.