Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayooo)
    So what was the correct answer, Allegro con moto? The score says allegro con brio and I'm sure that wasn't a choice?
    The choices were andante con moto and allegro con brio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0eJ0e994)
    The choices were andante con moto and allegro con brio.
    Was allegro con brio the only 'allegro' option? I remember crossing the allegro option down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayooo)
    Was allegro con brio the only 'allegro' option? I remember crossing the allegro option down

yes I think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erinls2)
    yes I think so
    Yes it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogree)
    I'll do my best, if anyone can remember the Questions accurately. I'll do my answers at least

Tippett, let me try and remember:

Orchestra
    Violin I, Violin II, Viola, Cello, Double Bass

Interval
    Octave

Four-Note Motif Used
    Inverted, Shared Between Instruments, Used in an Ascending Pattern

Four-Note Motif Used (Again)
    Split into three-note Rhythmic Cells, Inverted

Two Instruments Sharing Melody
    Violin, Cello

Features typical of Renaissance
    Modal Harmonies
    Antiphony
    Polyphonic Texture

Locus

Similiarites Between 1-2 and 5-6
    Same Words and Same Rhythm

The texture for Bars 21 to the End
    Monophonic
    Three-part Chordal
    Tenor and Soprano share Melody
    No Bass

Feature of Harmony in Bar 21 to the End
    Suspension

Two Chords on "Est"
    C Major 2nd Inv, G Major Root Position

Section C
    Naming Chords

Chord Progression IV/IVb (cant remember) Vb V V7
    Anticipation

Any specific questions, I'l give the answer I put down.
    Can anyone remember any of the other answers that haven't already been mentioned? Maybe we can put together an unofficial markscheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J0eJ0e994)
    Can anyone remember any of the other answers that haven't already been mentioned? Maybe we can put together an unofficial markscheme
    Section C:

For the key and cadence question: I think it was definitely C major and a perfect cadence

ReputationRep:
    I remeber putting c major but i think i put imperfect cadence :/ I thought it said up to the end of bar 6 or whatever it was and it resolved onto the tonic at the begining of the next bar?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have an unofficial mark scheme for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have question...
    Right so the written paper of A2 music has 36 marks with two subject areas to talk about and three pieces plus the two 13 mark applied questions. So for the 36 marker question you have to know 6 points for each subject area within a piece any given piece (eg. Tonality, structure, melody ect.) to make sure you get the full marks. There 7 subject area so that 42 points per piece. Now there are 7 instrumental pieces so that 294 points you have to know to answer any of the question that might be given. Now applied music there is 13 marks so that's 13 points you need to make. There is 5 pieces meaning you need to learn 65 points. That's a grand total of 359 points you need to be able to pick out of the scores to get full marks in the written part. (Plus the question may differ on the applied music so maybe an extra 65 points need to be learnt....)

Is this really how many point we need to learn? Over 400...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arthur1234)
    Hi there,

I have question...
    Right so the written paper of A2 music has 36 marks with two subject areas to talk about and three pieces plus the two 13 mark applied questions. So for the 36 marker question you have to know 6 points for each subject area within a piece any given piece (eg. Tonality, structure, melody ect.) to make sure you get the full marks. There 7 subject area so that 42 points per piece. Now there are 7 instrumental pieces so that 294 points you have to know to answer any of the question that might be given. Now applied music there is 13 marks so that's 13 points you need to make. There is 5 pieces meaning you need to learn 65 points. That's a grand total of 359 points you need to be able to pick out of the scores to get full marks in the written part. (Plus the question may differ on the applied music so maybe an extra 65 points need to be learnt....)

Is this really how many point we need to learn? Over 400...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi I retook the AS exam and will be doing the A2 exam next week.

You need to learn 3 points with examples for the 36 mark question. You get asked 2 features of 3 setworks so 6 x 2 = 12, 3 x 12 = 36. However you do get the score in the exam so if you are stuck for examples you can always flick through and find some.

As for the applied works, you don't need to learn one of the pieces as you get given a choice of 3 and only have to answer 2 (there are 5 setworks). It's easier than it sounds remembering 13 points for this question as again you have the score and if you put examples you don't necessarily have to put 13 points down but its advised to just in case. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do?I got 87 in my performance which I'm absolutely thrilled about as that's what I want to do as a career; 47 in my comp (oops loll); 88 in the written exam so overall a B which I'm pretty pleased with!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starkidemmax)
    How did everyone do?I got 87 in my performance which I'm absolutely thrilled about as that's what I want to do as a career; 47 in my comp (oops loll); 88 in the written exam so overall a B which I'm pretty pleased with!!
    Got a B as well Got a B in compo, A in performance and E in the exam.....But I am not too worried about the E, neither are my teachers! A2 here we come.....:cry:

ReputationRep:
    Also pleased got an overall A! Full marks in performance which was awesome and pretty high in the exam but only a D in Composition (which was kinda surprising since my teacher gave me full marks for it before sending it off) so that'll prob be remarked. Time for an A2 Music thread soonish...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HRM1999)
    Got a B as well Got a B in compo, A in performance and E in the exam.....But I am not too worried about the E, neither are my teachers! A2 here we come.....:cry:
    I'm quite scared for A2 ngl :eek: I'm sure we'll make it through just fine tho!!

(Original post by hogree)
    Also pleased got an overall A! Full marks in performance which was awesome and pretty high in the exam but only a D in Composition (which was kinda surprising since my teacher gave me full marks for it before sending it off) so that'll prob be remarked. Time for an A2 Music thread soonish...
    Awh well done!! My D in composition was really surprising too but I guess that it's one of those subjective things idrk. I can't believe it's already the end of summer:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I got an A overall - 87 in my performance (school told me I had 90, but I guess it doesn't matter), 65 in the comp (which was a b) and 106 in the paper, which was an A, so A overall. I was frustrated about the comp but knew it was coming - I got full marks in the composition itself but I didn't have time to write the last 5 points on my sleeve notes so I lost 5 marks on that and that was 25 UMS (sigh)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone who studies a level edexcel music have any idea how to answer this question: 'evaluate Elfman's use of resources and texture in birth of a penguin part one - relate discussion to other relevant works' also does anyone know what could be used for comparing...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.