Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Plese help me I just received my conditional offers by Napier Uni and Heriot Watt Uni. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration at the University of Turin (Italy) and I really don't know which postgraduate course is better for me. With my business background, I would like to choose the best course in IT with practical approach. I don't mind to the distance or the fees (I'm going to apply to the SAAS) but I just would like to understand the differences between Business Information Technology at Napier University and Business Information Management at Heriot Watt University.
    Thank you all .
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi! We’re delighted to hear that you are interested in studying at Heriot-Watt University. The MSc Business Information Management programme here offers a fantastic set of practical, analytical and theoretical courses and expertise for a combined business management and software engineering based analytical training. We feel that such a strong and unique combination is hard to find and gives our computer science graduates the best possible prospect for pursing either a research, software requirements engineer, business and IT analytics or IT journalism career. While in this program, we do not emphasis on computer programming, our students are computing-savvy, equipped with excellent analytical and project management skills that are the best communicators and managers going between hard-core software developers and business managers.

This article might be of interest; the reasons why (expensive) software system fails and why sophisticated computing-savvy analytics are needed: http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/s...software-fails - This is one of our main goals - to create computing-savvy excellent communicator and IT analysts, and something that you will learn a lot about if you come here.

Also, we have recently created some school videos which should give a better feel for our Computer Science school - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESnS...xIRRVS&index=2

We hope to hear from you soon and if you would be interested in having a chat with one of our Academics on this course we would be happy to set this up, simply contact me directly for this on [email protected]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.