Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Plese help me I just received my conditional offers by Napier Uni and Heriot Watt Uni. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration at the University of Turin (Italy) and I really don't know which postgraduate course is better for me. With my business background, I would like to choose the best course in IT with practical approach. I don't mind to the distance or the fees (I'm going to apply to the SAAS) but I just would like to understand the differences between Business Information Technology at Napier University and Business Information Management at Heriot Watt University.
    Thank you all .
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi! We’re delighted to hear that you are interested in studying at Heriot-Watt University. The MSc Business Information Management programme here offers a fantastic set of practical, analytical and theoretical courses and expertise for a combined business management and software engineering based analytical training. We feel that such a strong and unique combination is hard to find and gives our computer science graduates the best possible prospect for pursing either a research, software requirements engineer, business and IT analytics or IT journalism career. While in this program, we do not emphasis on computer programming, our students are computing-savvy, equipped with excellent analytical and project management skills that are the best communicators and managers going between hard-core software developers and business managers.

This article might be of interest; the reasons why (expensive) software system fails and why sophisticated computing-savvy analytics are needed: http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/s...software-fails - This is one of our main goals - to create computing-savvy excellent communicator and IT analysts, and something that you will learn a lot about if you come here.

Also, we have recently created some school videos which should give a better feel for our Computer Science school - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESnS...xIRRVS&index=2

We hope to hear from you soon and if you would be interested in having a chat with one of our Academics on this course we would be happy to set this up, simply contact me directly for this on [email protected]

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.