Turn on thread page Beta

Can a guy and a girl truly be just friends? watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Without either person catching feelings at any point in time?

Read up on this discussion the other day and it was very interesting.

I think it is possible but I also think that the closer a guy and a girl get in terms of a friendship, the more likely one of them will start to catch feelings. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have at least a slight crush on any of my close female friends...

ReputationRep:
    i agree, after a while later when you become close, feelings start to catch in most cases, just watch Kuch Kuch Hota Hai :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

I think it is possible but I also think that the closer a guy and a girl get in terms of a friendship, the more likely one of them will start to catch feelings. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have at least a slight crush on any of my close female friends...
    This post gave me rectal cancer.

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

Some people seem to get 'feelings' for anyone they get close enough to.

Perhaps they are confusing fondness with romantic feelings.

This is quite funny.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ngs-chest.html
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Username002)
    This post gave me rectal cancer.
    How unfortunate for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    How unfortunate for you
    It is indeed friend... *cries*

ReputationRep:
    The guy will always secretly want to bang... unless she's proper ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Depends really on their connection. If they're really close then I guess not

ReputationRep:
    I'm a male with a female best friend.

Yes she is attractive, yes she has qualities I like but that's why she's my best friend. I don't see us dating each other (I am aware everyone says this).

We're like brother and sister. Everyone who meets us thinks we are in a relationship but the reason for that is we get on really well and, as best friends are meant to do, we support each other and are always there when the other one needs us and we push each other to be the best. We are very protective of each other too.

Do I love her? Yes I do, as a friend. She's always had my back and I'll always have hers.

I'm like that with my male best friends too..but her being a female doesn't change anything for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LVRG)
    The guy will always secretly want bang... unless she's proper ugly.
    Or he's gay or asexual. And by your logic, bisexual people can't have any friends at all because they're attracted to men and women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Katty3)
    And by your logic, bisexual people can't have any friends at all because they're attracted to men and women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly!

One of my closest friends is male. Despite a friends bizarre claims (he's older than me and married) that he's clearly after something because we're close, we really are just friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

I think it is possible, absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Or he's gay or asexual. And by your logic, bisexual people can't have any friends at all because they're attracted to men and women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol there's always some LBGT campaigner getting angry in posts like these. Lol use some common sense... I was talking about straight people. The OP never mentioned sexuality (and yes I see your point) but come on now haha...

You guys really do go hard don't you! Love the enthusiasm xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    I'm a male with a female best friend.

Yes she is attractive, yes she has qualities I like but that's why she's my best friend. I don't see us dating each other (I am aware everyone says this).

We're like brother and sister. Everyone who meets us thinks we are in a relationship but the reason for that is we get on really well and, as best friends are meant to do, we support each other and are always there when the other one needs us and we push each other to be the best. We are very protective of each other too.

Do I love her? Yes I do, as a friend. She's always had my back and I'll always have hers.

I'm like that with my male best friends too..but her being a female doesn't change anything for me.
    that is disgusting. this actually makes me both sad and slightly angry. how did she do this to you? I can only imagine. your balls must be bruising as ****.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, unless you're someone who is attracted to every member of the gender you find attractive lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    that is disgusting. this actually makes me both sad and slightly angry. how did she do this to you? I can only imagine. your balls must be bruising as ****.
    +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Yes, unless you're someone who is attracted to every member of the gender you find attractive lol
    who wouldn't be attracted to those they find attractive? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    who wouldn't be attracted to those they find attractive? :eyeball:
    The gender that you typically find attractive, I'm assuming that most straight men are not attracted to every single woman they meet?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. As long as you are both mature and not ****ing idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah once u have a girlfriend/fancy someone else

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.