Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Zip/zipper malfunctions – let's compare notes... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (I've looked at the forums and was unsure where to post this - please move TSR if you would like to a different place).

I was out at the weekend camping with a friend on Dartmoor and was gutted that the zipper completely broke on my sleeping bag, effectively turning it into a blanket which was pretty tricky to cope with as it was quite cold this weekend. It reminded me of a 'zipper' event I had a few years ago. I decided to test a new tent out. I took it (Macpac Microlight) and myself off to Amsterdam. On the way to the Gaasper campsite (15 mins on Metro from Centraal Station) I picked up some 'essentials' including a bottle of red wine and some 'nibbly bits' from Marks and Spencers (It's not just any food – it's M&S food) on Kalverstraat.
    At campsite the tent went up in less than 5 minutes which was very pleasing. Gazing out I enjoyed a smoke, most of the food and all of the wine! Some hours later I was awoken by (it seemed) a very loud rustling noise. It turned out, after turning on my torch in pseudo panic, that I had not fully closed the zip on the outer part of the tent. I had not eaten all of my supper which had attracted the biggest hedgehog I had ever seen! I can't remember what the food was now but do remember the little/big critter grabbed the last of it as I turned on the torch and shuffled away with it in his mouth!
    Funny how we remember things huh?
    Have you any memorable zip/zipper malfunction stories?
    Thanks 😎

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.