Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This might be strange but I've never tried the quarter pounder burger from McDonald's. I thought I'd get it today for lunch and try it, but is it nice? I really don't want to be disappointed. I usually get the Big Mac and I've tried their cheeseburger. Does it taste similar to either of those? And is it better or worse taste wise in comparison to the Big Mac/cheeseburger?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    This might be strange but I've never tried the quarter pounder burger from McDonald's. I thought I'd get it today for lunch and try it, but is it nice? I really don't want to be disappointed. I usually get the Big Mac and I've tried their cheeseburger. Does it taste similar to either of those? And is it better or worse taste wise in comparison to the Big Mac/cheeseburger?

Thanks.
    Assuming you haven't already been, it's essentially an upsized Cheeseburger with larger pieces of onion in a sesame seed bun like a Big Mac. If you like the cheeseburger, you'll like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Assuming you haven't already been, it's essentially an upsized Cheeseburger with larger pieces of onion in a sesame seed bun like a Big Mac. If you like the cheeseburger, you'll like this.
    I had it. I wasn't very impressed. I didn't like the chunky onion pieces. I think I may have appreciated it more if I went on an empty stomach, I had one of those massive packs of Dorito's before I went so I wasn't that hungry. Anyway I think I'm just going to stick to the Big Mac or a Double Cheeseburger next time.

ReputationRep:
    Chicken BLC masterrace

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    You're the kind of person that posts what ****ing socks they are wearing on facebook...

ReputationRep:
    not great - mainly tastes of bland cheese and basic tomato ketchup iirc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username002)
    You're the kind of person that posts what ****ing socks they are wearing on facebook...
    You reached that conclusion because I asked what a burger tastes like?

GTFO my thread prick.

ReputationRep:
    You reached that conclusion because I asked what a burger tastes like?

GTFO my thread prick.
    Beautiful, I've been waiting to piss someone off all day.
    How's life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username002)
    Beautiful, I've been waiting to piss someone off all day.
    How's life?
    Well I had a **** burger and then saw your *****y comment.

ReputationRep:
    In France they call it a "Royale with cheese."

ReputationRep:
    Well I had a **** burger and then saw your *****y comment.
    Well, I'm never going to buy a McDoanld's Quarter Pounder, they make you overly aggressive...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Thicker cheeseburger.

It makes me want to vomit even more. I would not recommend.

ReputationRep:
    Great thread

ReputationRep:
    I can eat 20 nuggets, 2 large portion of fries, a large coke and a chicken legend with mayo in one sitting. This makes me poor ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    I can eat 20 nuggets, 2 large portion of fries, a large coke and a chicken legend with mayo in one sitting. This makes me poor ;(
    Finally somebody with an appetite like me. I swear I spend nearly all of my money on food. It's comforting though so it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Finally somebody with an appetite like me. I swear I spend nearly all of my money on food. It's comforting though so it's worth it.
    yup but i don't appear to be obese though which is good but i gain a ton of fat though xD

ReputationRep:
    I like both big macs and quarter pounders. McDonald's here has a great offer on: 2 for $5. I get a big mac and my spouse gets the quarter pounder. Then 2 99c refillable sodas.

It's ****ing awesome.

Spoiler:
    Show
    This is why I'm fat.

ReputationRep:
    Quarter Pounder is basically a cheeseburger but with quarter onion (those thick bits), 2 pickles instead of 1 and two pieces of cheese instead of one. The meat is bigger and thicker and I find is generally nicer. I work at McDonalds so I know my stuff, it's a nice burger and a bit more filling so I'd say go ahead and try it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.