Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 female- never knew exercising was this hard Watch

ReputationRep:
    Cue the Specsavers Workout advert....
    You can do it! It'll all be worth it in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username002)
    *ahem* *walks slowly to the microphone peering at the audience with a nervous look on my face* You can see sweat drip from my brow as I approach, step by step to the stand. As I get close, the microphone emits a low pitched squeal. The tension is rising as I position the microphone ready to speak... My throat goes dry and the silence is overpowering. I stand there unsure of how to express my words before you shuffling note cards gripped firmly in my hands. I open my mouth and break the oppressive silence and utter two words, they are simple words, yet have powerful meaning... "git gud".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonbabes)
    Horrible things? Do you even know the benefits of chapatti and curry? Clearly not.
    What i meant by horrible things is something that isn't benefiting your body - do whatever you want i was just helping you out as i work out and know **** about this but go on eat up

ReputationRep:
    *ahem* *walks slowly to the microphone peering at the audience with a nervous look on my face* You can see sweat drip from my brow as I approach, step by step to the stand. As I get close, the microphone emits a low pitched squeal. The tension is rising as I position the microphone ready to speak... My throat goes dry and the silence is overpowering. I stand there unsure of how to express my words before you shuffling note cards gripped firmly in my hands. I open my mouth and break the oppressive silence and utter two words, they are simple words, yet have powerful meaning... "git gud".
    That tension tho. What's git gud?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily babezxx)
    Cue the Specsavers Workout advert....
    You can do it! It'll all be worth it in the end
    Yup xx ganna change my whatsap status to that lol

(Original post by gertautas)
    What i meant by horrible things is something that isn't benefiting your body - do whatever you want i was just helping you out as i work out and know **** about this but go on eat up
    No! I meant like I read online there's many pros too.

I generally need advice How to plan a healthy meal. Ganna research

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    I do my cardio like this. I found my gameboy from when I was a kid; Pokemon ftw
    hahah oh my god, literally all I do when I'm on my exercise bike is play pokemon gen 1 - I'm not kidding - crazy coincidence that you do it too! I don't even know how to react :lol: pokemon is just so fun that you can play it all day and the time will pass by so fast, and that means that you don't perceive the exercise as hard work

ReputationRep:
    That tension tho. What's git gud?
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...90/998/e4d.png

You total scrub. Get ****in' gud.

ReputationRep:
    I generally need advice How to plan a healthy meal. Ganna research
    My general meal plan would be weetabix with strawberries and blueberries in the morning, chicken breast or grilled salmon with steamed veg and brown rice for lunch and then a typical meal for dinner, but I'd have it with something like sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, brown rice or salad. And throughout the day, I'll snack on a couple pieces of fruit, and dried fruit and nuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    My general meal plan would be weetabix with strawberries and blueberries in the morning, chicken breast or grilled salmon with steamed veg and brown rice for lunch and then a typical meal for dinner, but I'd have it with something like sweet potatoes, whole wheat pasta, brown rice or salad. And throughout the day, I'll snack on a couple pieces of fruit, and dried fruit and nuts.
    You're so healthy! Hope my future guy is . I don't remember whether you've commented on this thread previously, but if you haven't could you suggest some nice good workouts I can do at home? I'm a beginner and only 17!

ReputationRep:
    Crosstrainer. It's magic. Try it

ReputationRep:
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...90/998/e4d.png

You total scrub. Get ****in' gud.
    Is that... the Dark Souls face... in the background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Is that... the Dark Souls face... in the background?
    Tis brother.
    Praise the sun!
    *stretches arms out*

ReputationRep:
    Tis brother.
    Praise the sun!
    *stretches arms out*
    Hahahaha!

March 24th

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha!

March 24th
    PLEASE NOTE, I'VE LOCATED MY SOULS MATE. *ba dum dum tsst*

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE NOTE, I'VE LOCATED MY SOULS MATE. *ba dum dum tsst*
    Hahaha.
    Let me know if you get it on PC

ReputationRep:
    You're so healthy! Hope my future guy is . I don't remember whether you've commented on this thread previously, but if you haven't could you suggest some nice good workouts I can do at home? I'm a beginner and only 17!
    Well, I am currently available And I do most of my workouts at home, cause the gym is far away and expensive :/. Without knowing your level of fitness it's a little awkward to suggest any particular workout regime, but I'd say:

1) Press-ups: Put either a basketball or baseball (depending on how far down you can go) under your chest, and lower yourself until you just brush the ball. Once you can comfortably do, say, 3 sets of 25 reps you can start making them harder. You can either progress to one armed press-ups or put weight on your back.

2) Situps or leg raises: Both work your core, so I'd only do one of these. I prefer leg raises cause they're easier to make harder and cause they stretch out your hamstrings and calves (mine are really tight). Lie flat on your back and try to raise your legs straight up at 90 degrees to your body. Start off raising one leg at a time. As these get easier, there're loads of ways to make the exercise tougher (v sits or hanging leg raises)

3) Squats: You gotta be doing squats, even if they are the embodiment of evil Start off doing them without weight, and try to squat deep enough so that your upper leg touches your lower leg. Once they're comfortable, bring your feet together to make them harder. Then progress onto weighted squats or pistol squats (one legged)

4) Pull Ups: You'll need a horizontal bar for these, just hand onto it with your palms facing away from you and your hands just over shoulder width apart. At first, you'll probably only be able to pull up half the way, but keep working at it until you can do complete pull ups. Then you can progress to weighted pull ups (rucksacks are super handy for adding weight to an exercise at home) or one handed pull ups

5) Handstand push ups: Defo the hardest of the 5, Start with just getting the hang of holding a handstand (for at least 1 min, preferably 2), then build up to doing handstand pushups. I'm currently working towards trying to do one armed handstand pushups, but I've got a feeling it's just straight up impossible.

P.S. Strict form! Youtube people doing these exercises and make sure that your form is correct. Otherwise, you won't get all the benefit from the exercises, and more importantly you could injure yourself (especially so when you start adding weights)

That's the basis of my daily workout atm, I do some iteration of those 5 (plus bridging, which is really good but not sure whether it's necessary when you start working out) every morning. Ease yourself into it mind, if you jump in at the deep end you'll injure yourself. I'd start off working out 3-4 times a week. And don't forget cardio! Personally, I do sprint intervals every other night, but that's just what works for me. I'd say find whatever form of cardio you like (cycling, swimming, running, w/e) and do it a couple nights a week.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha.
    Let me know if you get it on PC
    Will do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    Well, I am currently available And I do most of my workouts at home, cause the gym is far away and expensive :/. Without knowing your level of fitness it's a little awkward to suggest any particular workout regime, but I'd say:

1) Press-ups: Put either a basketball or baseball (depending on how far down you can go) under your chest, and lower yourself until you just brush the ball. Once you can comfortably do, say, 3 sets of 25 reps you can start making them harder. You can either progress to one armed press-ups or put weight on your back.

2) Situps or leg raises: Both work your core, so I'd only do one of these. I prefer leg raises cause they're easier to make harder and cause they stretch out your hamstrings and calves (mine are really tight). Lie flat on your back and try to raise your legs straight up at 90 degrees to your body. Start off raising one leg at a time. As these get easier, there're loads of ways to make the exercise tougher (v sits or hanging leg raises)

3) Squats: You gotta be doing squats, even if they are the embodiment of evil Start off doing them without weight, and try to squat deep enough so that your upper leg touches your lower leg. Once they're comfortable, bring your feet together to make them harder. Then progress onto weighted squats or pistol squats (one legged)

4) Pull Ups: You'll need a horizontal bar for these, just hand onto it with your palms facing away from you and your hands just over shoulder width apart. At first, you'll probably only be able to pull up half the way, but keep working at it until you can do complete pull ups. Then you can progress to weighted pull ups (rucksacks are super handy for adding weight to an exercise at home) or one handed pull ups

5) Handstand push ups: Defo the hardest of the 5, Start with just getting the hang of holding a handstand (for at least 1 min, preferably 2), then build up to doing handstand pushups. I'm currently working towards trying to do one armed handstand pushups, but I've got a feeling it's just straight up impossible.

That's the basis of my daily workout atm, I do some iteration of those 5 (plus bridging, which is really good but not sure whether it's necessary when you start working out) every morning. Ease yourself into it mind, if you jump in at the deep end you'll injure yourself. I'd start off working out 3-4 times a week. And don't forget cardio! Personally, I do sprint intervals every other night, but that's just what works for me. I'd say find whatever form of cardio you like (cycling, swimming, running, w/e) and do it a couple nights a week.

Hope that helps!
    Well you're hitting on a girl who you have no chance with

Mate this is tiring , but I'm motivated to do it! Lol swear down if my future guy is unfit, I'm ganna run after him to ensure he's running lol, or if i'm feeling mean make a dog run after him ( dunno how that's ganna work cuz i'm scared of dogs too).

Well.... My plan in order...

1) Stretches (2 mins)
    2) Yoga ( 5 mins)
    3) Push ups ( 2 mins) --> it's soo hard lol
    4) Sit ups ( 3 mins) -> find it hard
    5) Squats ( 5 mins) -> i need that ****** loooooooooool
    6) Maybe some random dance for (3 mins)

Is that okay? I'm worried about the amount of mins i'm investing

ReputationRep:
    Well you're hitting on a girl who you have no chance with

Mate this is tiring , but I'm motivated to do it! Lol swear down if my future guy is unfit, I'm ganna run after him to ensure he's running lol, or if i'm feeling mean make a dog run after him ( dunno how that's ganna work cuz i'm scared of dogs too).

Well.... My plan in order...

1) Stretches (2 mins)
    2) Yoga ( 5 mins)
    3) Push ups ( 2 mins) --> it's soo hard lol
    4) Sit ups ( 3 mins) -> find it hard
    5) Squats ( 5 mins) -> i need that ****** loooooooooool
    6) Maybe some random dance for (3 mins)

Is that okay? I'm worried about the amount of mins i'm investing
    what about running?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gertautas)
    what about running?
    Is it okay to do running only once a week?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.