Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 female- never knew exercising was this hard Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonbabes)
    Is it okay to do running only once a week?
    Try desperately to just get good...

ReputationRep:
    i would say maybe twice to start off with so like do it monday and friday

ReputationRep:
    That tension tho. What's git gud?
    wot r u?
    a casul?

ReputationRep:
    Also i could help you out with your diet if you give me like your daily routine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username002)
    Try desperately to just get good...
    Uh

(Original post by gertautas)
    i would say maybe twice to start off with so like do it monday and friday
    Hate sweat :/

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    wot r u?
    a casul?
    Yh bro

ReputationRep:
    Well you're hitting on a girl who you have no chance with

Mate this is tiring , but I'm motivated to do it! Lol swear down if my future guy is unfit, I'm ganna run after him to ensure he's running lol, or if i'm feeling mean make a dog run after him ( dunno how that's ganna work cuz i'm scared of dogs too).

Well.... My plan in order...

1) Stretches (2 mins)
    2) Yoga ( 5 mins)
    3) Push ups ( 2 mins) --> it's soo hard lol
    4) Sit ups ( 3 mins) -> find it hard
    5) Squats ( 5 mins) -> i need that ****** loooooooooool
    6) Maybe some random dance for (3 mins)

Is that okay? I'm worried about the amount of mins i'm investing
    Hahaha worth a try Well you know what they say, no pain no gain!

I'm a big fan of yoga, but normally people spend like an hour doing yoga don't they? I'm not sure I'd put it in a workout like that, it's doing the same job as stretching. Also, I'd strongly suggest you do a number of sets and reps rather than a time limit for something like push ups. If you're struggling, you can start by doing push ups with your knees on the ground and build up your strength until you do full push ups. Following a similar sort of plan:

1) Stretch out for 2 mins - Keep your stretches dynamic though, cause if you passive stretch before you warm up you'll injure yourself.
    2) 5 mins of cardio to warm up - Dance would work just great for this
    3) Push ups - 3 sets of 15 reps as a starting guide, raise or lower it as you see fit.
    4) Sit ups - 3 sets of 30 reps: 10 with your feet tucked up tight against your bum, 10 with your feet in a typical sit up position, 10 with your feet further out (the different foot positions focus on different parts of your core)
    5) Squats - 3 sets of 20 reps: Again, raise or lower as you see fit. If you've got decent legs, you'll quite possibly want to add weight. Just stick a rucksack on and fill it with books.
    6) 8 more mins of cardio - Dance would still fit the bill nicely

Taking rests between each set (no more than 1 minute I'd recommend) this should take maybe 25, 30 mins ish? Decent starting point if you're doing it every morning. As your fitness gets better, you'll want to add some more cardio somewhere. Like I said, I'd suggest once you're comfortable with this maybe do a couple evenings a week of cardio. Something like going running for 40 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    wot r u?
    a casul?
    I tried to rate you, I couldn't. *cries*

ReputationRep:
    Also i could help you out with your diet if you give me like your daily routine
    Daily routine ... okay a typical day
    Breakfast ( if I don't miss it) --> Wheatabix, egg on toast, and tea.
    Lunch-> If at college I usually get a cheese and tomato sandwich/ tomato pasta, and sometimes I get a breakfast bar or grapes, and drink water.
    Dinner-> can be from Pizza, chips, jacket potato, mash potato, Spag bowl, Pasta, Chapatti....

Previously I did 0 exercise.. sometimes did Yoga

ReputationRep:
    I tried to rate you, I couldn't. *cries*
    jolly cooperation is all I need in life

ReputationRep:
    jolly cooperation is all I need in life
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me! Oh, no, dear me. Pretend you didn't hear that! Hah hah hah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    Hahaha worth a try Well you know what they say, no pain no gain!

I'm a big fan of yoga, but normally people spend like an hour doing yoga don't they? I'm not sure I'd put it in a workout like that, it's doing the same job as stretching. Also, I'd strongly suggest you do a number of sets and reps rather than a time limit for something like push ups. If you're struggling, you can start by doing push ups with your knees on the ground and build up your strength until you do full push ups. Following a similar sort of plan:

1) Stretch out for 2 mins - Keep your stretches dynamic though, cause if you passive stretch before you warm up you'll injure yourself.
    2) 5 mins of cardio to warm up - Dance would work just great for this
    3) Push ups - 3 sets of 15 reps as a starting guide, raise or lower it as you see fit.
    4) Sit ups - 3 sets of 30 reps: 10 with your feet tucked up tight against your bum, 10 with your feet in a typical sit up position, 10 with your feet further out (the different foot positions focus on different parts of your core)
    5) Squats - 3 sets of 20 reps: Again, raise or lower as you see fit. If you've got decent legs, you'll quite possibly want to add weight. Just stick a rucksack on and fill it with books.
    6) 8 more mins of cardio - Dance would still fit the bill nicely

Taking rests between each set (no more than 1 minute I'd recommend) this should take maybe 25, 30 mins ish? Decent starting point if you're doing it every morning. As your fitness gets better, you'll want to add some more cardio somewhere. Like I said, I'd suggest once you're comfortable with this maybe do a couple evenings a week of cardio. Something like going running for 40 minutes.
    Lol I'm starting to fall for you Nah lol.

Yeah lol, I say that pretty often " No pain no gain!"
    Stretch out for 2 mins - Yeah I'll do that 2) 5 mins of cardio to warm up - Yeah I'll do some random dance moves. I'm actually not that bad hahaha3) Push ups - 3 sets of 15 reps -> What do you mean by reps?4) Sit ups - 3 sets of 30 reps: Yhhh 5) Squats - 3 sets of 20 reps: Lol for some reason I find the other exercises harder , i find this the easiest. 6) 8 more mins of cardio - Yeah I'll dance bro

ReputationRep:
    Cardio is the best exercise for loosing weight, helps stamina too.

You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me! Oh, no, dear me. Pretend you didn't hear that! Hah hah hah!
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

RIP Bro-knight Solaire

ReputationRep:
    Cardio is the best exercise for loosing weight, helps stamina too.
    If there is anything i'd like to lose it would be STOMACH FAT.

I really wanan do the crab

ReputationRep:
    If there is anything i'd like to lose it would be STOMACH FAT.

I really wanan do the crab
    You can't focus on losing fat in one area, pretty sure that's a myth.

do you mean by reps?
    It's one action.

One rep could be one push up or it could be one push-up combined with another exercise, or a combo of them... ect

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm starting to fall for you Nah lol.

Yeah lol, I say that pretty often " No pain no gain!"
    Stretch out for 2 mins - Yeah I'll do that 2) 5 mins of cardio to warm up - Yeah I'll do some random dance moves. I'm actually not that bad hahaha3) Push ups - 3 sets of 15 reps -> What do you mean by reps?4) Sit ups - 3 sets of 30 reps: Yhhh 5) Squats - 3 sets of 20 reps: Lol for some reason I find the other exercises harder , i find this the easiest. 6) 8 more mins of cardio - Yeah I'll dance bro
    Powerless to resist, eh?

Reps as in repetitions. So 1 sets of 15 reps, would mean you do the exercise 15 times and then take a rest. So 3 sets of 15 reps, you do the exercise 15 times, then take a rest. Then another 15, then take a rest. Then another 15, then take a rest. You'll probably find squats without weights pretty easy. If you do, don't coast! Add some weight until you're feeling the burn when you squat down.

Gonna dance for me, are you? Gosh, such a tease

ReputationRep:
    Daily routine ... okay a typical day
    Breakfast ( if I don't miss it) --> Wheatabix, egg on toast, and tea.
    Lunch-> If at college I usually get a cheese and tomato sandwich/ tomato pasta, and sometimes I get a breakfast bar or grapes, and drink water.
    Dinner-> can be from Pizza, chips, jacket potato, mash potato, Spag bowl, Pasta, Chapatti....

Previously I did 0 exercise.. sometimes did Yoga
    Here's my suggestion

Breakfast - Keep it like it is , could have porridge and egg and fruit instead but what your having now is okay - maybe replace toast with brown bread if your having white , and don't have like 20 sugars in your tea cuz then you'll be off it.

Lunch - As your at college i know what its like having to get something like healthy but i would say maybe go to a grilled chicken place and have that with rice , or just literally buy chicken at home and brown rice and have that - its really good for you and will fill you up

Dinner - jheeeeze those carbs are killing me hahaha , yeah for dinner i would have fish or chicken again , can add a jacket potato in but obviously no like salt or beans or cheese so like plain , maybe a little butter

this is just something i would change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    Powerless to resist, eh?

Reps as in repetitions. So 1 sets of 15 reps, would mean you do the exercise 15 times and then take a rest. So 3 sets of 15 reps, you do the exercise 15 times, then take a rest. Then another 15, then take a rest. Then another 15, then take a rest. You'll probably find squats without weights pretty easy. If you do, don't coast! Add some weight until you're feeling the burn when you squat down.

Gonna dance for me, are you? Gosh, such a tease
    I couldn't help but blush Lol. Like seriously if you spoke to me like that face- to -face I dunno what I'd do. Tbh you wouldn't approach me o.O

Oh that makes soo much sense! Thanks

I really wanna do a crab

LOL I don't dance for nobody, I do it alone with full blast music

ReputationRep:
    Here's my suggestion

Breakfast - Keep it like it is , could have porridge and egg and fruit instead but what your having now is okay - maybe replace toast with brown bread if your having white , and don't have like 20 sugars in your tea cuz then you'll be off it.

Lunch - As your at college i know what its like having to get something like healthy but i would say maybe go to a grilled chicken place and have that with rice , or just literally buy chicken at home and brown rice and have that - its really good for you and will fill you up

Dinner - jheeeeze those carbs are killing me hahaha , yeah for dinner i would have fish or chicken again , can add a jacket potato in but obviously no like salt or beans or cheese so like plain , maybe a little butter

this is just something i would change
    Breakfast-> I don't like porridge. I only put a half of a big spoon of sugar in my tea.

Lunch-> I prefer going to the cold side...

Dinner-> I know we eat too much during this time ahhahah. Hm the thing is I can't have fish and have cereal for breakfast cuz apparently it's not good to have milk and fish together.

I NEED THE CHEESE AND BEANS MATE

ReputationRep:
    yoga for 5 minutes isn't going to achieve anything, how are you doing yoga? even short beginner videos are usually 20-30 minutes and that's a very short session
    if you want to actually be fitter and healthier you're going to have to do some cardio and if you 'hate sweat' you're not going achieve anything exercising full stop

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't help but blush Lol. Like seriously if you spoke to me like that face- to -face I dunno what I'd do. Tbh you wouldn't approach me o.O

Oh that makes soo much sense! Thanks

I really wanna do a crab

LOL I don't dance for nobody, I do it alone with full blast music
    So long as it didn't earn me a slap, I'm sure I could deal Hey, you don't know that

No problem, I forget that gym talk isn't exactly familiar to everyone sometimes lol.

Is the crab the bridging position? Or is it the one where you balance on your hands?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.