Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So over the last fortnight I have been on 4 dates with the same guy. At the end of the 4th date he gave me a peck on the lips at the end of the date which is the first time he has done that. This was a few days ago now. Since then I have barely heard from him (he used to talk alot more) and when I mentioned meeting up he said how busy he was this week and would let me know.

I thought this was just an excuse so I sent a message basically saying I hope everything is ok and haven't done anything to offend him, I take it he doesn't want to meet again, if that's the case then it was nice to meet him and take care. He replied saying no don't be silly, he is just really busy this week. I said I don't mind if he doesn't want to meet again but would rather just know. He said it would be nice to meet again.

I am having trouble buying it. Even if he was busy, he could still message asking how I am or hope I have a good day like he did previously, he didn't even suggest a day he was free to meet. But another part of me thinks surely he would admit it if he wasn't interested as I gave him a way out? :/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I don't think he is that into you :nope:

ReputationRep:
    ^^

You reckon? I don't understand why he kissed me on our last date then and didn't take his way out when I brought it up? :-/

ReputationRep:
    He's clearly not interested, nobody is busy... it's just a matter of priorities!

Give it couple of days, if you don't get anything from him.. then there are plenty of fish in the sea and you will notice that there are guys who would want to spend more time with you

(Original post by Saifariif)
    He's clearly not interested, nobody is busy... it's just a matter of priorities!

Give it couple of days, if you don't get anything from him.. then there are plenty of fish in the sea and you will notice that there are guys who would want to spend more time with you
    Yeah thats what I thought.. just dont know why he didnt take his exit when i offered. He could have said it was nice to meet you aswell or ignored it but he gave an explanation. And kissed me on our last date.. ah im sick of dating if people are going to play games like this

ReputationRep:
    Yes nobody is too busy especially when you are special to that person. So I think he's not really interested.

But he's kind of weird when he kissed you the last time you've met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah thats what I thought.. just dont know why he didnt take his exit when i offered. He could have said it was nice to meet you aswell or ignored it but he gave an explanation. And kissed me on our last date.. ah im sick of dating if people are going to play games like this
    Trust me I have been in that situation many times, and it makes me thing are people just playing games or in it for the free dates!

Obviously being a guy I pay for my date no matter what we do, but it seems people just want freebies. I had a situation where she kissed me on the first date and the next 2, we spent alot of time together then out of the blue she becomes 'super busy' ... the replies to the texts got shorter and shorter and eventually interest died out which is a shame because I really liked her!

So yeah someone nice will come along

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me like he's probably lost interest to be honest.
    If I was genuinely interested in meeting up with someone I wouldn't just say i'm too busy this week. Even if I was then I would immediately suggest alternative days to meet up. e.g. "I'm too busy this week but how about next weekend or [insert specific date here]"

Just remember that it doesn't have any reflection on you and your worth, everyone is after different things - you two weren't exclusive and it could just be that he was also going on dates with other people and felt more compatible with the someone else or something along those lines.

I confronted him again on the issue that he hasn't given me straight answers about meeting and don't want to get messed around with it. He told me he thinks I have the wrong end of the stick, sorry he has been so busy in the day and the evenings. He said he might be with his friends on the said day and that's why he cant give a straight answer yet. I mentioned that it seemed like has been making excuses and he told me wasn't. But he still hasn't asked a day to meet again... Wouldn't he admit it if he just didn't want to see me rather than let me believe I am wrong?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.