Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take to learn chemistry as level ?? is 4 weeks enough? and what is the best way to self teach?

ReputationRep:
    Which board are u under ? I'm doing international advanced levels aka edexcel so my advice would only be based on that. IF you are the type of person who has been very diligent or not in your work throughout, 4 weeks is possible !! But everyone's different, you should know yourself better than anyone. When do your exams start?? And what did u get for your GCSE Chemistry to get a rough idea? I basically read all my notes and go through past years the first time with my notes in hand and then a second time and just before your exams a third if possible. But I learnt to write down notes next to each past year question and when you look at it just before your exam you will get a rough idea of what to cross out. This is my opinion of course it may/may not work for everyone. All the very best (: I understand you will have other subjects too but it's better to make a list every day to REALISTICALLY see how much you can do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With a solid grounding from GCSE chemistry, that being an A*, a-level chemistry is basically a development. As long as you have the dedication to learn all the tests/ reactions and their respective results and observations you should be fine. Organic chemistry can look daunting but once you understand the concepts you can work out answers from first principles.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering since our upcoming chemistry exams are coming up if people wanted to be part of a chemistry whatsapp revision group. If you are interested either pm me or responded to this message

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Cobbold)
    I was wondering since our upcoming chemistry exams are coming up if people wanted to be part of a chemistry whatsapp revision group. If you are interested either pm me or responded to this message

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes i think this is a great idea! Please let me know if a group is made, it would be really useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mals1999)
    Yes i think this is a great idea! Please let me know if a group is made, it would be really useful
    Yes it has already been made. Check your private messages or just send your number here and I will add you straight away

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Working 5-6 Hrs per day it took me 10 weeks to cover AS & A2, AS took about 5 weeks - really not that much to learn tbh, it's all about repetition and recognizing what they are actually asking you to be able to do - There are approx 50 sections, some of these are small some of these large - I think you could cover all of it in 4/5 weeks if you really pushed it and that would mean 6-8 hours a day devoted to work and revision.

Then again I am a pretty fast learner and the applied maths/thermodynamics is second nature to me as I come from a engineering background - it's all about your aptitude/how determined you are tbh.

If you go through with it good luck OP!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.