Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To apply for clearing do you need to have already sent your ucas and have done your persobal statement? I havent sent mine off or done my PS and want to start when i have my A level results in august

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martinnmartin)
    To apply for clearing do you need to have already sent your ucas and have done your persobal statement? I havent sent mine off or done my PS and want to start when i have my A level results in august
    You cannot apply to clearing if you haven't applied at all

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you left it a bit late? Personal statement takes twenty minutes to type.

ReputationRep:
    I got ADD at as so I wanted to apply the next year once I got my results in august. Looks like I'm forced to do this now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    If you apply now you will be treated as a late application - so standard 5 choices, standard PS, standard reference.

If you apply after mid July you'll be placed straight into Clearing. You'll still need a PS and reference but you wont be able to choose any choices until you have your results.

It is possible to not apply through UCAS and apply for a single university in August directly. In this case your application will be handled using an RPA form. However many universities are only willing to support this route for international students and you're still likely to need a reference and are likely to have an interview in lieu of a PS.

What sort of courses and universities are you considering?

ReputationRep:
    Law llb

Yeah I'm probably going to apply next year so I can actually go out in the year and do something related to law to put in my PS... Still haven't started. I should get a reference from my form tutor no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Law llb

Yeah I'm probably going to apply next year so I can actually go out in the year and do something related to law to put in my PS... Still haven't started. I should get a reference from my form tutor no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you want to try to find a place in Clearing (and there are a lot of places available on llb courses at a broad range of universities if you get the right grades) then yes you need a reference from someone and you'd be best sorting out a PS and the rest of your application before the summer (getting a reference from teachers over the holidays isn't very easy)

ReputationRep:
    I am retaking some exams. Do you think ABB is good enough for law at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I am retaking some exams. Do you think ABB is good enough for law at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At many universities yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    At many universities yes.
    None of the good ones however.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by fishyfishy1999)
    None of the good ones however.
    That depends on what you're looking for from a university.

A number of universities with AAA typical offers have been accepting ABB in clearing since the removal of the student numbers cap.

ReputationRep:
    No one is asking for your opinion 'fishyfishy1999' you haven't even done your AS exams yet lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No one is asking for your opinion 'fishyfishy1999' you haven't even done your AS exams yet lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps but I do have perfect ACT's. And A levels are not exactly challenging.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I don't need advice from you since you haven't been through the process of apply to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ouch

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You still don't have to talk down on others because they're not going to Oxford or Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You still don't have to talk down on others because they're not going to Oxford or Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pointing out that A levels are a school kids qualification and is set at a low level is not talking down. It's stating a fact. I prefer them to what I had to do because they are subject specific but they aren't all that.

ReputationRep:
    Ok please **** off now I don't care. Go to Oxford but please shut up about it no one cares

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok please **** off now I don't care. Go to Oxford but please shut up about it no one cares

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And if you were mature you wouldn't have left everything until the last minute. You reap what you sow in life. No wonder older people shake their heads at people our age today, too many have no work ethic or ability to think for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    If you want to try to find a place in Clearing (and there are a lot of places available on llb courses at a broad range of universities if you get the right grades) then yes you need a reference from someone and you'd be best sorting out a PS and the rest of your application before the summer (getting a reference from teachers over the holidays isn't very easy)
    Hate sorry for the late bump

but i have decided that i want to go to uni this year....
    I am taking exams right now (mature student)

is it too late? What do I do...wait till August and see whats in clearing?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.