Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers to study Ba Photography at both of these universities in September, however I am stuck on which is the better choice.

Falmouth University has the best facilities I've seen and the course seems very competitive with an excellent reputation. It sounds like a more open course than the one at NUA which seems like something I would really enjoy, however whether this will be useful after graduation I do not know.

NUA on the other hand is a much smaller university and while it does have good facilities, they do not teach any film/darkroom processes and I'm not sure if they even have a darkroom. The course is more industry/commercial based which I think will be useful in getting used to working towards commercial briefs and it is apparently more guided, which is both good and bad. It is also Creative Skillset accredited which sounds good, however I'm not sure how important this is when deciding on a course.

Does anyone have any information on which course would be better or which has the better reputation?

Location-wise I love both Norwich and Falmouth and so would be happy in either. I also have an offer for Ba Press and Editorial Photography at Falmouth however I think I am more inclined towards Ba Photography, but any info on either would be really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I know this is an old post, but where did you end up going in the end? I'm considering Fal vs NUA for Animation and really can't decide!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.