Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which daily driver would you buy for 15-30k? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So I'm looking to replace my current car (2013 Merc C250) which is coming up to its 3rd birthday and I want to sell it before then. I like the practicality and comfort that I get from a 4 door saloon. My previous car (BMW 120d) was far too cramped for passengers at the back. I'm currently swaying towards a C63, I love the interior of >2012 mercs and the V8 sound. BMW M3 is also in consideration but I find the interior a bit lacklustre.

I'm happy to downgrade in size, seeing as my girlfriend will be driving it as well, and she prefers smaller cars, so I'm considering things like Audi RS3, Golf R, etc) as well.

Which car would you choose and why? (Examples. Comfort? Long distance driving? Performance?) (Minimum value 15k.. The objective of this thread is more about what you think is good value for money for cars in the 15-30k price range rather than answers such as "I'm happy with a fiesta to do my groceries / get to work")

ReputationRep:
    BMW E60 Msport no doubt, it will be fuel efficient and be able to take long distance driving with ease! It's a very well designed car and very reliable.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 personal daily drivers, a Tesla Model S and a Volvo XC90,

I like cars that are somewhat exciting and comfortable to drive as a daily driver. Also like it to be fairly drama free when I need it to work.

In terms of smaller cars, by far the winner for me is the Mercedes A45 AMG, no contest in terms of excitement and pure driving fun. Not cheap though and good ones probably won't fall within that budget.

However for an all round good car I'd put money into a Jaguar XE, has better comfort than a BMW 3 series, every bit if not more exciting and it also looks exciting in a manner that isn't tacky to which all the German sedans tend to be famous for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    However for an all round good car I'd put money into a Jaguar XE, has better comfort than a BMW 3 series, every bit if not more exciting and it also looks exciting in a manner that isn't tacky to which all the German sedans tend to be famous for.
    I test drove an XE R sport recently. Stunning little car - easily the best in the class at the moment. I think it felt much more like a sports car than a 4 door saloon to drive.

That being said, I also spent some time with the new XJ. Given that you can pick up a year old jaguar aproved example for circa 35k with 5000 miles on the clock they make a lot of sense,
    That's where I'll be spending my money in any event!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NX172)
    Hi guys,

So I'm looking to replace my current car (2013 Merc C250) which is coming up to its 3rd birthday and I want to sell it before then. I like the practicality and comfort that I get from a 4 door saloon. My previous car (BMW 120d) was far too cramped for passengers at the back. I'm currently swaying towards a C63, I love the interior of >2012 mercs and the V8 sound. BMW M3 is also in consideration but I find the interior a bit lacklustre.

I'm happy to downgrade in size, seeing as my girlfriend will be driving it as well, and she prefers smaller cars, so I'm considering things like Audi RS3, Golf R, etc) as well.

Which car would you choose and why? (Examples. Comfort? Long distance driving? Performance?) (Minimum value 15k.. The objective of this thread is more about what you think is good value for money for cars in the 15-30k price range rather than answers such as "I'm happy with a fiesta to do my groceries / get to work"
    I'd buy a quattroporte like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maserati-Q...4AAOSw5dNWo8Ls a proper luxury car with a low price compared to say a Bentley or an Aston martin a nice cruiser for long distance driving and it can be fast very fast but refined if it needs to be i have driven one and can recommend it highly

golf r, no question

ReputationRep:
    What mileage are you doing? A roads/Motorways?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you buy, make sure it's not a BMW or an Audi. You can find a classic G Wagon for the price.

I bought an RS3. Perfect all round car.

EDIT: well, to be accurate, I'm on my second. Couldn't find something to replace it and wanted a different colour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NX172)
    Hi guys,

Which car would you choose and why? (Examples. Comfort? Long distance driving? Performance?) (Minimum value 15k.. The objective of this thread is more about what you think is good value for money for cars in the 15-30k price range rather than answers such as "I'm happy with a fiesta to do my groceries / get to work")
    I got myself a 320i sports auto m sport with 22k on the clock a 63 plate for 18k

You can get the 328 for a couple of k more but the 320 is plenty fast enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.