Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did Section D (for Econ) and I personally found the maths part very difficult and quite different from what I had expected. I couldn't complete it, didn't have time for 2 of the A questions.
    On the other hand, the essay was substantially easier than I had expected.
    How was it for everyone else?
    Do you know when we hear back?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.
    I did A,B2,C. I found the math section much more difficult compared with the previous years.The B2 essay questions were manageable. I went for the first one about civil wars and international intervention. Agh. Let's see.
    Btw: Law applicant in here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janinns)
    Hey everyone.
    I did A,B2,C. I found the math section much more difficult compared with the previous years.The B2 essay questions were manageable. I went for the first one about civil wars and international intervention. Agh. Let's see.
    Btw: Law applicant in here.
    Yeah, the maths questions were disproportionately hard in section D too. The wait is killing me already! Where did you write it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I applied for Econ.

How long was your essay? nap19
    How many questions are you sure you've gotten right in section D?

Yes, the math section was quite different this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arpitharun)
    Hey guys I applied for Econ.

How long was your essay? nap19
    How many questions are you sure you've gotten right in section D?

Yes, the math section was quite different this year.
    Essay was a bit over 2 pages. I think I spent a bit too much time on it instead of concentrating on maths. How long was yours?
    I think I got 4.5-5 right out of the 7 A questions and around 3/4 of the B section. What about you? Could you finish it?

ReputationRep:
    I tried the entire A section. However I'm not sure if I got the last question right .For the B section I did the first question cause it seemed the easiest of them all.

I attempted the first essay prompt and yes, mine was a little over two pages as well. I think I wrote it pretty well. Let's hope for the best, I guess. :-)

Which one did you attempt?

ReputationRep:
    A friend and I found D section alwful. Way harder than what we expected. Did the first question on refugees. Just over two pages What are you applying for guys?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Italian applicant for Law here
    Section A was quite manageable, the essays were super inspiring (I went for the first one about civil wars) but the Maths part was REALLY awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elcherie)
    Hi everyone! Italian applicant for Law here
    Section A was quite manageable, the essays were super inspiring (I went for the first one about civil wars) but the Maths part was REALLY awful.
    Hi, I'm a Czech applicant for Philosophy.
    I agree that Section C was really hard, I found it much more difficult than those from previous years. Did you know how to solve the questions 2 and 4? I didn't, so I don't anticipate being made an offer since the pass rate is 60%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsaja)
    Hi, I'm a Czech applicant for Philosophy.
    I agree that Section C was really hard, I found it much more difficult than those from previous years. Did you know how to solve the questions 2 and 4? I didn't, so I don't anticipate being made an offer since the pass rate is 60%.
    I managed to do question 2 but the second part of question 4 was impossible! In Italy, we don't study integrals

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i also am an economics applicant and wrote the UgAA and it went well , maths was a little tough esp A5, A6 where i attempted B2 which was really simple. It was just about sequence and series so i think i would score at least 35/40 there. And hopefully my A1-4 are correct so i will get the 60% desirable score.. And my
    essay tbh was awful but i kept on writing and writingg as muc as i could. I thought they have given the full bluw sheet so i migt have to utilize as much as possible so i wrote 3-3 (1/2) pages!

ReputationRep:
    Does any applicant know when are we hearing back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #economics)
    Does any applicant know when are we hearing back?

I have gotten to a point where it has become difficult to even keep up with this. almost everyone except a handful of applicants have received LSE's decision.

ReputationRep:
    Ya i can understand how tough it can be for some students but its how as it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Ya i can understand how tough it can be for some students but its how as it seems.
    So you got your reply from the>?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carebearbeach)
    So you got your reply from the>?
    No i have t heard back yet , i gave the exam on 1st march...will hear soon wbu?

ReputationRep:
    No i have t heard back yet , i gave the exam on 1st march...will hear soon wbu?
    so did i. what have you applied for? i applied for law and my test went pretty well too, but i guess not up to their mark. where are you from, btw?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for bsc economics and I m from india..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carebearbeach)
    so did i. what have you applied for? i applied for law and my test went pretty well too, but i guess not up to their mark. where are you from, btw?
    Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who has heard back for UGAA?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 11, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.